Country Music!!!!

I like some country music but I like some of most genres - pop, rock, world, latin, oldtime, bluegrass, classical, etc. Its about individual songs. I may like one my a singer but not the next. It all depends.

Quote:
tongue.gif

What was that for, that I'm not a big fan of country? I like OLD country, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, etc., but as new as I like is Garth Brooks. Anything newer just isn't up my alley.

I agree. Country music stopped being country music, mid 90's some time...When they got rid of steel guitars and twin fiddles, it became nothing but a conglomeration of noise....And today's singers, country, rock and pop, can't sing a lick....The all sound like they were created in the cookie cutter factory.

I despise most country music, but my dad has always loved it, so I grew up with what would be considered (I think) "classic country." Merle Haggard is my dad's favorite, but he also listened to George Jones, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, Statler Bros (I vividly remember listening to the Statler Brothers on 8-track tape in my mom's new 1978 Buick Regal), all those artists like that. I can tolerate that sort of country. But not much else. These days my dad listens mostly to bluegrass as that's more like classic country than the newer artists.

BTW, I gave my dad Buck Owens' biography for Christmas. We were visiting last weekend and I picked it up and started reading it. Geez, his homespun, corny image from Hee Haw was totally opposite of how he really was!

Country Music fan here!
smile.png
My truck radio is set to 101.9 the Wolf and 105.1 KNCI. Nice
big_smile.png

And I sure do drive through downtown sacramento and oak park BLASTING Garth and Brad. One of my favorite songs at this time is "You Lie" by the band perry. But I mostly enjoy the 80's and 90's country music. Reba, the Judds, OLD Brad, Garth and Brooks N Dunn. Yep. I am a country fan here
big_smile.png

Actually... THIS is my favorite country song, one of them...
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
so true! haha

Don't you remember
The fizz in a pepper
Peanuts in a bottle
At ten, two and four
A fried bologna sandwich
With mayo and tomato
Sittin' round the table
Don't happen much anymore

We got too complicated
It's all way over-rated
I like the old and out-dated
Way of life

Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes
Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when

I love my records
Black, shiny vinyl
Clicks and pops
And white noise
Man they sounded fine
I had my favorite stations
The ones that played them all
Country, soul and rock-and-roll
What happened to those times?

I'm readin' Street Slang For Dummies
Cause they put pop in my country
I want more for my money
The way it was back then

Amen! lol!
big_smile.png

we rock the country music hear in Northern California KAT country is the 1 radio station at least to me a country boy can survie suburban country boy big kenny

Quote:
I'm right with you there!!! Lol.
I love any country music. Granted, a lot of the new stuff isn't as good, but I love most of it anyways.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom