Country Music!!!!

Sense I started posting in this thread I thought I should post a link to a great man. Singer, songwriter, Catesby Jones..

http://www.catesbyjones.com/

A real Nashville singer an songwriter. Billions know many of his songs (sung by others) but few know the man....

I met him in middle school when he took the time to put music to young songwriters songs. One of those songs was mine an my friends an me, Catesby Jones my friend sang it on stage an on TV.

Sense I started posting in this thread I thought I should post a link to a great man. Singer, songwriter, Catesby Jones..

http://www.catesbyjones.com/

A real Nashville singer an songwriter. Billions know many of his songs (sung by others) but few know the man....

I met him in middle school when he took the time to put music to young songwriters songs. One of those songs was mine an my friends an me, Catesby Jones my friend sang it on stage an on TV.
nice! I like ole' country songs more than new country songs.

My soon to be stepmother is a southern rock/somewhat country/alternative rock star in Nashville. :3 Her voice is VERY lightly edited (it's obvious by her voice on the track and her voice live, they're not that different. :3) and her guitar player used to be the guitar player for Kid Rock. :cool:

Otherwise, I like country music! :p My new favorite is 'Almost Home' by Craig Morgan. :love

Last edited:
OK, first of all, I have seen this question on the internet a lot (especially with country music videos) and I just thought I would answer the question...

"Do people in the north like country music?"

Well weird me, I do
bun.gif
About 98% of my school hates it, and wrinkles their nose and say 'whos that?' if I mention Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Maranda Lambert, Toby Kieth, etc.

Most of the kids in 4-H like it and a lot more kids like it at ag. schools.

Overall, I would say that around 20% of us do like it

So, I guess the real answer is yes, not everyone likes it, but no, we don't all hate it
thumbsup.gif

I think Indiana is still considered in the north most of the state is north of the Mason Dixon line and we did have a few civil war skirmishes here but we love our Bluegrass, southern rock old school and new country and a few of us like that Texas swing and Tex mex and Louisiana style music, I grew up on asleep at the wheel and remember Bluegrass Father Bill Monroe had a festaville up here and it goes on still after his death, we enjoy southern gospel here too ever hear of the Gatheirs? Bill and Gloria live here in Indiana.

Back
Top Bottom