Country Music!!!!

America Country & Western music is interesting in itself and has fascinating links with other genre, new and old. Folk music has bounced to and fro' over the Atlantic to create C&W and other genre. Within its definition is a broad spectrum of styles. I like the rhythm of some of the more traditional tunes but by no means all of them. Willie Nelson is one of the greats but he doesn't always sing Country. Garth Brooks was a breath of fresh air but became too much of a showman for my liking.

All popular genres of music change and develop as new performers try to draw attention. I think that has to be accepted, even welcomed. The music revolution around LA changed modern C&W when Southern Country emerged. I think that such changes in music are healthy because these developments keep it alive and fresh. The oldies are still there for those who prefer them.

Popular music of all kinds has changed a lot in my lifetime. I suppose that it's tempting to regard the music of one's adolescence as the best ever and that today's popular music is rubbish. Listening to today's offerings, I fall for that temptation. However, I can still enjoy music from the old Carole King songs through to modern blues rock. If music enjoyment still depended on crooners and smiling singer/guitarists sitting beside a chuck wagon, I might have become bored by now.

There are plenty of slide guitars around today, by the way.

America Country & Western music is interesting in itself and has fascinating links with other genre, new and old. Folk music has bounced to and fro' over the Atlantic to create C&W and other genre. Within its definition is a broad spectrum of styles. I like the rhythm of some of the more traditional tunes but by no means all of them. Willie Nelson is one of the greats but he doesn't always sing Country. Garth Brooks was a breath of fresh air but became too much of a showman for my liking.

All popular genres of music change and develop as new performers try to draw attention. I think that has to be accepted, even welcomed. The music revolution around LA changed modern C&W when Southern Country emerged. I think that such changes in music are healthy because these developments keep it alive and fresh. The oldies are still there for those who prefer them.

Popular music of all kinds has changed a lot in my lifetime. I suppose that it's tempting to regard the music of one's adolescence as the best ever and that today's popular music is rubbish. Listening to today's offerings, I fall for that temptation. However, I can still enjoy music from the old Carole King songs through to modern blues rock. If music enjoyment still depended on crooners and smiling singer/guitarists sitting beside a chuck wagon, I might have become bored by now.

There are plenty of slide guitars around today, by the way.
nice!

I may be shot for this but I am from the south (at least 4 generations) and I do not like country music.
hide.gif
There I said it!
tongue.gif

I know right. Wanna know something really funny? I work at a country/western store! lol, give me rock, punk, metal, but for heavens sake, please don't play that whiney, twangy stuff! It's just not my thing. My husband loves it... All our friends love it... And I can't stand it! But hey, whatta gonna do?

I love country music. I surf through my dubstep, Rock n Roll, Rap, hip hop, all of it. I like all music except that screamo stuff. The ladies have told me that Luke Bryan is pretty good or it may just be his looks.

I work in NY and everyone minus two people (I'm one of 'em) loves country music. I cannot connect with the lyrics which is odd because I have a farm and do a lot of "country" things. I love Johnny Cash though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, today's "artists" in all genres are amateurs compared to the singers of old. Very few of them have spent any time in voice training and if stuck behind a microphone without a million dollar sound board backing them up, they'd be booed off the stage....That's why I peruse Youtube, looking for average people with great voices...Sadly, most of them just don't have look, since, with today's video music market, that's what is required to make the corporations rich.

Toby Kieth is a good performer but he is not a good singer, and to be honest, neither is Hank Williams, Jr....His daddy, on the other hand, knew how to tell a story with a song.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, today's "artists" in all genres are amateurs compared to the singers of old. Very few of them have spent any time in voice training and if stuck behind a microphone without a million dollar sound board backing them up, they'd be booed off the stage....That's why I peruse Youtube, looking for average people with great voices...Sadly, most of them just don't have look, since, with today's video music market, that's what is required to make the corporations rich.

Toby Kieth is a good performer but he is not a good singer, and to be honest, neither is Hank Williams, Jr....His daddy, on the other hand, knew how to tell a story with a song.
Heard Hank III ?

Back
Top Bottom