Crafters- What are you making???

I love the idea of using the tablecloth back for projects! I wonder how I ever got along without this website!
Cynthia, The quilt you are working on is beautiful!
I love doing the tops but hate the quilting part. There's a lady here that quilts the bigger ones for me. Thank goodness because it would take me forever.

WIP's:
knitted duck socks for my new grandson
"Boogie Monsters"quilt for my other grandson
Some hen aprons for some of my hens
And trying to finish all the UFO's in my pile

Last edited:
Thank you! Welcome to BYC! Lots of stuff happening around here.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, I love your quilt. I started on a quilting project this weekend, but I HATE the sewing machine. Guess that is why the only other 3 quilt tops I've done were done all by hand sewing. I wanted to whip up some quilt projects quick for Christmas, but I'm already feeling defeated. When the machine isn't bunching or breaking a thread, I can't seem to sew a straight and equal 1/4 inch seam to save my life.
he.gif

Here are two tips for you.
Bunching and breaking thread may mean that you need to clean out the carriage for the bobbin case....you may have thread fuzz that has packed in there like felt and it is interfering with the thread movement. Use a pair of tweezers to grab hold of the fuzz and pull it out. Also check the top and bottom tension of your threads to see if they match the settings in your manual for your machine.

Stack several layers of masking tape then measure out from your needle for the 1/4 inch line and set the tape onto the sewing panel. The tape then acts as a guide for your seam allowance. This keeps your eye off the needle and on the seam allowance which improves your sewing of a straight line.

I just write all over my machine....1/4" line in black magic marker... 1/2" in blue... don't need to go any farther.

I also wrote on the tension wheel, where regular should be, b/c sometimes you need to loosen it up for the heavy fabrics...

works for me...
wink.png

Melinda

Quite a talented and creative bunch here... glad I found this place... I'm currently crocheting 40 snowflake ornaments for my daughter. They own a business and she wants to include them in their Christmas cards, what we won't do for our kids!
wink.png
of course that also means I'll be starching them, sprinkling them with the embossing glitter and mailing them to her... guess I should get to work, have about 20 more to do!!!

Lunachick
BBK - I love those gourds!

Thanks, they seem to be my choice of canvas lately to paint on.

I paint faces on pumpkins, that what's going on in the background... It's our 12th yr. doing that...
yippiechickie.gif

Melinda​

Back
Top Bottom