Cream Legbars

The chicks that hatched here on Christmas Day and the day after -- are enormous. At 10-weeks the two males weigh in at over three pounds, one 3.5 and one 3.25 and the female is 2.25.

With all the polar vortex, freezing rain, and freezing weather along with other disruptions going on around here -- they are still in the 'rabbit hutch' that I use for a brooder -so they aren't able to run around - and have only been outside twice in a little dog-run with shade cloth over the top. Hopefully that is about to change... I wonder if that, or the MannaPro Chick starter is the secret to the gigantic size. At this rate they will probably meet the weight targets. Time will tell as it always does.

The chicks that hatched here on Christmas Day and the day after -- are enormous. At 10-weeks the two males weigh in at over three pounds, one 3.5 and one 3.25 and the female is 2.25.
th.gif
ep.gif

What are you feeding them???

Yes they seem to moving very quickly. One is a tiny thing but she is growing. All the chicks are surprising me with their growth so far. Now for the encores! I have a bunch eggs scheduled to hatch this weekend and another batch in a week and a half with another batch to set.
celebrate.gif

I foresee a good showing of Cream Legbars at the VPBA show this year!

I've got 32 eggs in the 'bator right now. Hoping for 85% or better hatch.
fl.gif

celebrate.gif

I foresee a good showing of Cream Legbars at the VPBA show this year!

I've got 32 eggs in the 'bator right now. Hoping for 85% or better hatch.
fl.gif

LOL - sounds great! I have hatched two pullets and a cockerel (plus two white sports) last weekend, 4 more due this weekend, and 8 more are cooking in the incubator now. Should have another dozen ready to incubate by Monday. But I did sell 7 hatching eggs and two gold pullets and a gold/cream (poor type) cockerel in between.
smile.png
Hoping I win the genetic lottery on at least a couple.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of creating a tri-fold brochure about the CL to hand out at shows and to customers. With the new Rees line birds being released at $129 a piece I anticipate another spurt of make a quick buck breeders breeding every CL looking bird they can for top dollar, including barred rocks and silver leghorns.

I'm planning to have photos showing a gold cock and hen along with the gold cock's wing as a "tell" for gold birds. I'll also add chick pictures too. The SOP will go in there with a little bit of the history. Can I borrow some of the stuff from the Club site and handbook? Do we have a club membership form to tuck inside or should I just have a link to the website? Anything else I should add?

Thanks!

I'm thinking of creating a tri-fold brochure about the CL to hand out at shows and to customers. With the new Rees line birds being released at $129 a piece I anticipate another spurt of make a quick buck breeders breeding every CL looking bird they can for top dollar, including barred rocks and silver leghorns.

I'm planning to have photos showing a gold cock and hen along with the gold cock's wing as a "tell" for gold birds. I'll also add chick pictures too. The SOP will go in there with a little bit of the history. Can I borrow some of the stuff from the Club site and handbook? Do we have a club membership form to tuck inside or should I just have a link to the website? Anything else I should add?

Thanks!

It's $149 each day old chick which my husband sees as a no-go. I could get 4 chicks or 2 tickets to Florida this summer is how he put it.... I have to think about this seriously now. Not sure I want to bite that big a bullet at this time and I'm pretty happy with my own progress. I also have some other concerns..... and I did find a Ayam Cemani breeder that I ordered 2 pairs from for spring delivery and am pretty excited about that.

It's $149 each day old chick which my husband sees as a no-go. I could get 4 chicks or 2 tickets to Florida this summer is how he put it.... I have to think about this seriously now. Not sure I want to bite that big a bullet at this time and I'm pretty happy with my own progress. I also have some other concerns..... and I did find a Ayam Cemani breeder that I ordered 2 pairs from for spring delivery and am pretty excited about that.

I agree that your flock is pretty great with out adding the Rees line to it. And really, your getting Ayam Cemani!? That's great. They are amazing looking birds. Ive been eying them for a while, DH says no way.

I have 12 CL in the incubator, they are all growing. Great veining and little chick beans dancing around. Im so excited for hatch day. I really want to set more CL eggs but I have no room right now. I think I need another incubator and a few more brooders and grow out pens
big_smile.png

@Tru, do you have the original trifold brochure? It might be a good place to grab some basic info from, then add what you want, or you could make an insert of your own to go with it. Rinda can tell you for sure, but I would direct people to creamlegbarclub.com for now to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom