Cream Legbars

here is the really dark chick, now cockerel sized!

Let's just say that it's complicated. Cream is a dilution of gold, an inhibitor if you will, but cream is recessive. Technically speaking, a gold color would be called crele. Cream is a mutation of crele, but it only shows if you have 2 copies of the cream gene, therefore you could have birds with cream and not know it. Cream is the desired color as it was the one set as the Cream Legbar's defining coloration for the breed. Inevitably there is gold in many flocks, and using golden crele with great types is generally accepted, but the ideal cream color is preferred.

We got eggs! Eeeeee I'm so excited:) I can't remember how old they are now but we got our first eggs from the girls. I'll have to look at the calendar to figure out their age though.

Hello everyone. I have 2 Crested Cream Legbar female chicks. They are about 9-10 weeks old now. I do not see a crest developing at all. Do they develope later or will they be un-crested?

Hello everyone. I have 2 Crested Cream Legbar female chicks. They are about 9-10 weeks old now. I do not see a crest developing at all. Do they develope later or will they be un-crested?

At 10 weeks they should be little mop heads. Mine are way before that.

I suggest you not breed them that is a trait best not passed along.

These are at around 6 weeks as I recall when I took them.

Back
Top Bottom