Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Have fun on your campout Kim!

How exciting Betty! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other hatchlings! Is the wind still howling there? It is here. I keep thinking the coop, as huge and as heavy as it is, is going to fly off into the neighbor's yard!

I hope you get your squares soon Greenfamilyfarms.
fl.gif

Betty~ Congratulations on your new hatchlings!!!
jumpy.gif
Post a pic when you get a chance.

Sunny~ Thanks..... It should be a lot of fun. I plan to relax and crochet Fri night while the girls hangout. It's just a quick one night deal. I'll be back home late Sat afternoon or early evening.
smile.png

Kandace~ I think the P.O. stole your lovely squares.
sad.png
I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will show up soon.

I came home from town this evening after leaving about 2 this afternoon and found two more hatchlings so I now have three that hatched at 19 days. I may have a third pip, same eggs) but hard to tell as the lighting isn't good and the angle not right. None of the silkie/marans have started to pip yet. They'll probably take the 21 days. Why these others hatched early is anybody's guess. Will post pix when they're done. Yes! It's still blowing here and bad. We've lost four shingles off the roof and I had a tree stake break and was about to cause the tree to snap so we had to put in a better stake. Other than that everything else looked pretty good before we left. Will check all tomorrow first light.

Quote:
Oh my gosh!!! This wind storm is making National news! We have finally calmed down up here. Sure hope it eases up soon for you there as well!

CONGRATS on the hatch! I've had that happen with certain breeds. For some reason when I hatch my marans they always hatch earlier than the ameraucanas. I have no idea why. Hope the rest of them do as well!
thumbsup.gif

Woke up this morning to another hatching of two more eggs and two pips. One that hatched this morning is black (silkie/maran) and the other is from the OEG. The last of those five eggs has a pip. The other pip is a silkie/maran with two more eggs to go. Nothing from the blue eggs. I don't expect anything but it's possible. The three that hatched yesterday are in the brooder and eating and drinking.

The wind is just as bad with warnings until later today so guess it will die down by tomorrow. I sure hope so because it's been bad here. Driving to town last night was aweful and I have to go in today in another half hour or so. Ridgecrest isn't getting the wind as bad as we are. I guess it tunnels down the sides of the mountains.

My yarn order has shipped. Yeah!

Will someone send me a PM when the winter one starts. How many squares do I do? One for each person who signs up? My granny square afghans usually have 110 squares. I got lots of yard here.

I do alright for an old geezer. Oh and I can knit too.

Rancher

we have a spring one going if you're interested. It's in the forum listing. I don't know how to post the way to click on it so you can go right to it. It's called Spring Granny Square Swap.

Back
Top Bottom