Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

I have an anger management issue and Crochet tends to keep it all in check! Makes for a happier marriage too!!!!

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

You ladies are cracking me up!!!
lol.png

Quote:
WOW!!!!
thumbsup.gif
You've almost finished all your squares!!!!
jumpy.gif
Feel free to complete a second set if you want to keep on hookin'. Erin has completed all her squares as well and is working on her second set.
woot.gif
You could get adventurous and try a new pattern.
fl.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
WOW!!!!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
Feel free to complete a second set if you want to keep on hookin'. Erin has completed all her squares as well and is working on her second set.
woot.gif
fl.gif

Yeppers that will be this weeks goal lol​

Oh, maybe I'll do a second set too, since I just finished all of mine. But I want to get some different yarn and find a different pattern.

I wanted to update all of you on what I plan to do with my blocks once they all arrive. I've just joined a group at a local church called Closely Knit. The group has about 20 members and make crochet and knit shawls/afghans for people in need. Once a person finishes an afghan, it is passed around the group and prayed over by each member. Then, it is delivered to the person it was made for. Most of the afghans go to elderly folks in the nursing home or the homebound. So, that's where your granny squares will be going.
smile.png
Your names will be included on the tag that is attached to the afghan before it is delivered.

Hey everybody!!!!
frow.gif
Just wanted to check in with everybody real quick. I will be off line most the day, b/c it's DD's 18th B-day today! I have lots to do!
th.gif
I will try to check in later tonight after all the festivities!!!
celebrate.gif

Welcome everybody to the Fall Granny Square swap!!!!
woot.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
I'm so excited!!! It's going to be so much fun!!!

Most of you have already completed your required amount of swaps before the swap even got started.
woot.gif
So impressive!!!!
bun.gif
You ladies are really cranking them out fast.
D.gif

As of now we have 16 participants signed up for the swap, but that number may drop to 15 b/c one participant hasn't confirmed. I have sent out a second message this morning to this person asking for confirmation.

For those of you that have completed all required number of squares and want to continue to hook, then you may just keep on hookin' and complete another set.
lol.png

New members that just signed up and haven't had time to even get your yarn or pick out your pattern, please do not be discouraged, b/c we have plenty of time to complete 1 set of required amount of squares before the deadline (2 months)

Thank you everyone for signing up to participate in the crochet swaps!!!
celebrate.gif
I am looking forward to receiving everyone's beautiful cozy squares.
bun.gif

Ok, I have to hurry up and finish scanning embarrassing pics of DD to put on Facebook.
lau.gif

Quote:
Sounds great!!!!
thumbsup.gif
I hope to finish a second set as well. I have to get through DD's b-day, a cancer memorial fund raiser party for a dear friend this weekend, deep clean the house b/c dh has one uncle coming in on Thur and then another coming in on the 17th. I will hook in between the craziness to keep me sane.
lol.png
I'll really be able to go to town on them after I get this house back in order.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
WOW!!!!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
fl.gif

Yeppers that will be this weeks goal lol

woot.gif

I've only had time to complete 5 squares. Here's a sneak peak of what I'm doing. The top row is the basic granny square design edged w/ a sc. The bottom 2 are out of the book 101 Crochet Squares by Jean Leinhauser. The center reminds me of a fall blooming mum is why I picked it.

My yarn is 4 ply acrylic, Lion's Brand (Vanna's Choice).
(from left to right) Square #1~ is mixed yarn called Autumn Print edged in Brick. Square #2~ I used Brick, Mustard & Olive. Square 3~ Rust, Olive & Mustard. Square #4 Rust, Olive, & Mustard. Square #5~ Mustard, Brick & Dusty Blue.

3724_cimg1235.jpg

Back
Top Bottom