Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Smitty's Farm :

~Good Morning~

Fall Granny Square SWAp update: Final count of number of participants is 16!!!!!
wee.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

bhazel~ Fantastic job!!!
celebrate.gif
I love the heart! Are you sure you just learned to crochet? I think you've been pulling our legs.
lau.gif

I was thinking the same thing! I think we have a ringer in our midst!
gig.gif

Bleenie that rose is gorgeous!​

Bleenie ~ That is really pretty!

MullersLaneFarm ~ The final count for the swap is 16.

Fall Granny Square SWAp update: Final count of number of participants is 16!!!!!​

Last edited:
OK, here's what I have done so far...

41069_granny_squares.jpg

I'm going to do 16 of the simple Half and Half patterned ones (we need some simple ones or our blankets will be busy busy busy) and 16 of one of the other patterns. My problem is I can't decide which one to do! Then I thought since they are not for me I would let you all decide!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi Donna~
frow.gif
Thanks for checking in with us. Whew...I bet you are tired after doing so many 12 hr shifts in a row. Wow ironing them is a fantastic idea! A few of mine want to curl, so I think I'll do that. Thanks for the tip. I didn't even think about it. Can't wait to see pics!
pop.gif

Quote:
WOW!!!!
clap.gif
Those are stunning!!!! What size hook are you using? The stitches are wonderful!!!
love.gif
I love them!!! All these pictures have me so excited imagining what our afghans will look like. I totally agree that we will need some simple ones, so all the patterns won't be too busy.

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
WOW!!!!
clap.gif
Those are stunning!!!! What size hook are you using? The stitches are wonderful!!!
love.gif
I love them!!! All these pictures have me so excited imagining what our afghans will look like. I totally agree that we will need some simple ones, so all the patterns won't be too busy.

Size G hook. Do you have a favorite from the three? One is a tiny bit oversized but I can correct that on the next go round.
tongue.png
I seriously can't decide. I like them all. Maybe I'll do some of each but you are right when you say that doing the same pattern makes for faster work!
hmm.png

Quote:
Oh good! I was hopin I wasn't the only one to think some simple ones were in order.
smile.png

Thanks for the compliment! The half and half patterns are really just a variation of the basic granny square. You never cut the yarn while working this pattern so it hooks up really fast! I do love a fast easy pattern now and then.
big_smile.png

Sunny~ Oh so hard to decide. They are ALL so lovely! Hmmmm...which pattern was the easiest? You know I think one of my squares is a tad big as well. I've been using the H hook, so maybe I'll try it w/ the G hook, b/c I love the tightness of your stitches.

Mullers~ For my second set I will most likely do the basic granny pattern as well. I will probably do more a solid color to tie in all the lovely patterns, but not sure which solid color yet. I'll pick one out after I've seen everyone's squares.
smile.png

Lol nope last time I Picked up a hook I was twelve and my mom taught me the basic sc lol I looked on you tube and the Other sites lol and your blocks are fabulous !!!!

Back
Top Bottom