Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
Woohooo!!!
woot.gif
You ladies are cranking them out so fast!!!!
clap.gif
No problem at all if you need to send them to me early. I'll pm you my address. Congratulations on expecting your first!!! How exciting!!!! I bet I know who the lovely lilac v stitch blanket was made for.
smile.png
Do you know what you are having or do you want to be surprised?
pop.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Very nice!!!!
clap.gif
YAY...new yarn!!!! You know I had fall colors in my stash, but I thought they were blah too, so had to buy new yarn to start the swap.
lau.gif
I think we are all yarnaholics!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

OOoooooo.....we are going to have some lovely cozy blankets!!!!
wee.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
LOL! I should be busy but instead I am procrastinating here on BYC!
lol.png
Well we only have a few more items to get at the old house so we should finally be done this weekend. I can't believe how loooong this move has taken. Anyway I hurt my back yesterday so DH has made me promise to behave today. I still have lots to do today but no lifting and no bending over boxes on the floor for now.
tongue.png

clap.gif
YAY!!!! Sounds like your almost finished moving!!!!
celebrate.gif
I love your signature. How many chickens do you have now? I think you should just sit back and relax your back.
tongue.png
I'm such a good enabler or should I say...procrastinator!
gig.gif
Wish I could use that as an excuse to just sit here and crochet. I am so sick of cleaning.
sickbyc.gif
I just can't get into it today. Ick!!! I'm taking many breaks! Burnt out!!! I can't wait to get back to my squares.
smile.png

I don't blame you a bit! It's easy to get burnt out on cleaning.
839.gif

Well I thought we were moving someplace else so I had to sell all my chickens (I had 47), then we found this place, so now I am building my flock again. I only have a couple right now but am getting eggs and chicks the end of this month and more in spring. All BCMs for now but I have friends that are holding a couple of layers for me as well. I love a huge variety in my laying flock but marans are the only ones I am going to breed for now.

Greenfamilyfarms CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!
ya.gif

Jessica I completely understand! Even though I have a huge stash most of them did not seem "Fall enough" to me and so I went and got some earthy fall colors to add to my squares.
lol.png
So I wouldn't feel too guilty I am mixing them with some colors I already had.
big_smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Woohooo!!!
woot.gif
clap.gif
No problem at all if you need to send them to me early. I'll pm you my address. Congratulations on expecting your first!!! How exciting!!!! I bet I know who the lovely lilac v stitch blanket was made for.
smile.png
pop.gif

It's a girl! We have our first shower Sunday and I'm super excited. My cousins (3 of them) all had boys, so this girl is really going to be rotten.​

Quote:
Woohooo!!!
woot.gif
clap.gif
smile.png
pop.gif

It's a girl! We have our first shower Sunday and I'm super excited. My cousins (3 of them) all had boys, so this girl is really going to be rotten.

lol.png
Oh how fun! Girls are so much fun to spoil!

Hey Swappers~

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's a little chilly outside tonight. Starting to feel like the perfect crocheting weather.
celebrate.gif
We may make a fire in the pit outside on the patio or in the fireplace tonight. I'm going to work on my squares a little bit tonight. I can't believe how fast most of you ladies have finished one or two sets of squares. Woohoooo!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

greenfamilyfarms~ Have a great time at your shower tomorrow! You'll have to tell us about all the goodies you receive. Have you decorated the nursery yet? I remember it took Dh & I forever to agree on a name for our DD. Did you see the pink bow head band that Chicksterjo posted on the other crochet thread?

Sunny~ I'm sorry you had to sell your chickens, but I bet it will be so much fun getting new babies again. I love a variety of breeds for a colorful basket. Tan, browns, diff shades of green, blue and I hope these new Cuckoo Maran lay dark brown, but not holding my breath since they are hatchery babies. I drool over the dark chocolate BCM eggs.
droolin.gif
These 2 cuckoo maran pullets of mine are so sweet and mild mannered.

Last edited:
103876_101_1171.jpg

103876_101_1166.jpg

103876_101_1169.jpg

103876_101_1170.jpg

this is what i have soo far. I am a little worried about the last on, i think it might be too big but it was not like that till i pressed it.

Quote:
WOW!!!!
ep.gif
Holy Cow!!!!! You have had some flyin' fingers! Love the variety! That's one thing I love about swaps is trying out new patterns to see which one you like best. Oh my!!!! All so lovely!!!! Are all these patterns out of your new book?
thumbsup.gif
Boy do I feel like a slacker!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom