Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

~Just wanted to bring this forward~

Crochet Granny Square Swap ~ Fall 2011
(Sign ups Open until Sun Sept. 4th)

Theme: Autumn ~ Think of the beautiful rich cozy colors like the soon to be leaves that will be falling from the trees.

Size: 6 " squares (6"x6")

Pattern: Any Pattern (As long as the finished square measures 6")

Yarn: 4 ply

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap!

Dates: LAST DAY to sign up is (Sun) September 4th, 2011!!

Completion Deadline: Nov. 4th, 2011 ~ All 6" Fall Granny Squares must be complete and ready to mail!!! That gives everyone 2 months to complete their squares.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Fall Squares, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work!!

I ask that ALL squares be labeled with your user name & real name and placed in individual ziplock bags. In addition, you will need to send return postage!!

Mail the cheapest most efficient way that is easiest for you and I will return your squares the exact way you mailed them to me.
So dust off your hooks and whip up some cozy granny square patterns that will warm your hearts!!!!

2011 Fall Crochet SWAP Participants:

1. baustin
2. bumblebee69
3. ChickenSnake
4. elcunni75
5. greenfamilyfarms
6. Lealonna
7. lindseymadora
8. Smitty's Farm
9. SunnyDawn
10. MullersLaneFarm
11. bhazell123
12. Mimm2003
13. jenjscott
14. Bleenie
15. Roccomanchickens
16. jc12551

Here's a few pics of how I labeled them in the past:

I just print a sheet of these tags and tie them in the corner.

Here's a pic of a square from a past swap labeled and placed in sandwich bag ready to ship.

Here's another example how people have label and bagged them: They wrote their user name/name on the ziplock bag.

I just like them labeled so I know who made what square, b/c as soon as I get them I'm like a little kid opening a x-mas or B-day present and I rip the package open probably in the car at the mail box Then as soon as I'm home in the house I lay them out and play w/ different patterns on how to put them together. In the past when amount of people signed up for a swap and they weren't labeled I had no idea of who made what. Just me! I just think it's nice to know who made what!

Last edited:
I agree!

Bleenie you should post a pic of that blanket when you finish on the crochet thread.
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations to your sister!
clap.gif

Quote:
I second the notion!!!!! Pics please!!!! It will be so special to have a handmade baby blanket from Aunt Bleenie!
hugs.gif

Sunny it is funny dealing w/ new puppies. I am cracking up thinking of you chasing that adorable big german Shepard down to retrieve.
lau.gif
Harper loves to play fetch. She's like a bull in the china cabinet. She will run full force right into the wall to get her ball. She's pretty good at dropping it for DD, but not always for me. Stubborn...battle of the wills.
big_smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
I second the notion!!!!! Pics please!!!! It will be so special to have a handmade baby blanket from Aunt Bleenie!
hugs.gif

Sunny it is funny dealing w/ new puppies. I am cracking up thinking of you chasing that adorable big german Shepherd down to retrieve.
lau.gif
Harper loves to play fetch. She's like a bull in the china cabinet. She will run full force right into the wall to get her ball. She's pretty good at dropping it for DD, but not always for me. Stubborn...battle of the wills.
big_smile.png

Ha ha ha! that would be a funny scene but no, I meant he grabs the ball faster than I do. I have a ball reacher that I reach for the ball with but if it bounces or moves he lunges for it instead and always gets it before I can. Once he takes off with it I just wait for him to figure it out. I don't run anywhere these days!
tongue.png
After he realizes I can't throw it for him til he brings it back he comes back but sometimes this happens all over again! He's slowly getting it though, I just have to remember to use the "leave it" command.
lol.png
Or I'm the one that's slow to get it!​

Quote:
hugs.gif

Sunny it is funny dealing w/ new puppies. I am cracking up thinking of you chasing that adorable big german Shepherd down to retrieve.
lau.gif
big_smile.png

Ha ha ha! that would be a funny scene but no, I meant he grabs the ball faster than I do. I have a ball reacher that I reach for the ball with but if it bounces or moves he lunges for it instead and always gets it before I can. Once he takes off with it I just wait for him to figure it out. I don't run anywhere these days!
tongue.png
After he realizes I can't throw it for him til he brings it back he comes back but sometimes this happens all over again! He's slowly getting it though, I just have to remember to use the "leave it" command.
lol.png
Or I'm the one that's slow to get it!

Ha ha ha ha.....still so funny imagining him pounce the ball. So cute!!!! I love that excited pounce!!!!
lau.gif
Sounds like he's getting the idea that he has to bring it to you so you can throw it again. I just think it's so cute if they love their toys and get excited over them.
big_smile.png
In the beginning before the obsessive teething began she use to carry her toys around in her mouth and we though that was adorable. Of course she has now destroyed most of them except stinky squirrel. She even destroyed the flat unstuffed ones.
tongue.png

Oh yea, I wanted to ask what brand your brown & cream yarn is you are using in your square, b/c I definitely want to make more of your pattern. I see you told Erin that the deep rusty red you are using is lion brand, so I might already have that one.
smile.png
I'm sure once I lay all my squares out to design my afghan I will be asking all you ladies what yarn & resources for patterns.
bun.gif

I was going to do different patterns for the first set, but I've been on a time crunch. I kept getting interrupted every time I wanted to learn a new pattern and couldn't get it to come out right, so I just stuck w/ the one I could do. I have to really focus when I'm learning a new pattern.
tongue.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
tongue.png
lol.png
Or I'm the one that's slow to get it!

Ha ha ha ha.....still so funny imagining him pounce the ball. So cute!!!! I love that excited pounce!!!!
lau.gif
Sounds like he's getting the idea that he has to bring it to you so you can throw it again. I just think it's so cute if they love their toys and get excited over them.
big_smile.png
In the beginning before the obsessive teething began she use to carry her toys around in her mouth and we though that was adorable. Of course she has now destroyed most of them except stinky squirrel. She even destroyed the flat unstuffed ones.
tongue.png

Oh yea, I wanted to ask what brand your brown & cream yarn is you are using in your square, b/c I definitely want to make more of your pattern. I see you told Erin that the deep rusty red you are using is lion brand, so I might already have that one.
smile.png
I'm sure once I lay all my squares out to design my afghan I will be asking all you ladies what yarn & resources for patterns.
bun.gif

I was going to do different patterns for the first set, but I've been on a time crunch. I kept getting interrupted every time I wanted to learn a new pattern and couldn't get it to come out right, so I just stuck w/ the one I could do. I have to really focus when I'm learning a new pattern.
tongue.png

Well the beige color in the last pic is Caron, Simply Soft, called Bone 9905. But the cream color (looks white in the pics) from the bicolor, simple blocks in the first pic I posted is the Vanna's choice, I think it was called Snow White but I've never seen snow that cream color (I balled it up and I can't find the wrapper now) . I remembered wrong about the drk red/rust. It was the cream color that was Vanna's Choice the rusty red and brown you asked about was also Caron, Simply Soft, called Autumn Red 9730 and Chocolate 9750.

lol.png
Yes, I have to admit, watching such a huge dog act like a little puppy when he plays and pounces on his toys is the most hilarious thing!
gig.gif
I have a hard time being strict about his lessons cause he just has me in stitches every time! On top of that when I do throw the ball (the ball reacher helps it sail a long way) he sounds like a small pony galloping after it! Oh my gosh it is sooo funny! Even funnier than watching the chickens fight over one worm! And that is also pretty hilarious!
hahaha-024.gif

Hey everybody~
frow.gif

Just wanted to check in and say hello!!!!! ~Happy Hump Day~

Sunny~ Thanks for the yarn brand & colors. I love the brown (Caron-chocolate). Actually I like all of them!
droolin.gif
Jo- Ann's has coupons and sales through this weekend. I'm getting low on the new stash I'm using and will probably want to make more of those squares for the afghan.

Has everyone figured out what they want to make out of their squares? I know most of you have talking about joining them for an afghan. I think I remember Lealonna talking about making a long pillow.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Hey everybody~
frow.gif

Just wanted to check in and say hello!!!!! ~Happy Hump Day~

Sunny~ Thanks for the yarn brand & colors. I love the brown (Caron-chocolate). Actually I like all of them!
droolin.gif
Jo- Ann's has coupons and sales through this weekend. I'm getting low on the new stash I'm using and will probably want to make more of those squares for the afghan.

Has everyone figured out what they want to make out of their squares? I know most of you have talking about joining them for an afghan. I think I remember Lealonna talking about making a long pillow.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
smile.png

No, I figured I'd wait til the squares got here and play around with them til I got an idea.
tongue.png

Yes I got that coupon in an email. I'm trying hard to resist but that's cause I have a LOT of yarn!
th.gif

I have decided on my square..........a traditional granny square
big_smile.png

The boarding school I work at is going camping next week and I am taking my yarn, a couple hooks, and going to set up by the lake to crochet while I supervise 55 teenagers
cool.png

I tried out about 10 different patterns but I haven't found one I like. I love a traditional granny square and can do them without having a pattern in front of me (which is important when watching teenagers and wrangling a toddler).

I will probably make an afghan. I have an Avon box full of squares from a couple other BYC swaps (several years ago) than I haven't put together yet. Actually I may make them into lap ghans for the residents at our on-campus nursing home.

I will have to check about it though. There are so many weird rules about donations (not from us, from regulators).

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Glad to let everyone know, I am done Yippy Yaaa. Very proud of them too. Soo excited cant wait. may just make more to go with what is comming.
ya.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom