Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Smitty's Farm :

Sunny~ I am NOT ready for cold weather either. OMG!!!! I had no idea that winter lingered so long there. I hope we don't skip fall here. It's been wet & cold most this week.
sad.png
Wed was nice, sunny about 80*. We were freezing last night. Couldn't believe people were buying frozen yogurt in the cold weather.

Usually winter doesn't hang on for quite so long but the past 2 winters have been very slow to ease up. We've had snow in June for 2 years running and I'm a little tired of it.
hmm.png
Reno normally has a short, hot summer and it's a challenge getting any veggies to ripen before the cold comes again but these last 2 years have been ridiculous!

Well I'll let you busy gals get back to it! I'm gonna go hit the hay.
23dors.gif

Hmmmm, for some reason I'm craving girl scout cookies now...

Last edited:
All my squares are ready to go out, just need to bag them. Cant wait to see everyones squares. Yeee Haaa.
wee.gif
pop.gif

Good Afternoon Crocheting Peeps~

How is everybody? Whew....so glad to have The Girl Scout Cookie Caravan finished! The girls looked adorable in their vintage uniforms and worked sooooo hard. We did pretty good too! We sold 344 boxes of cookies over the weekend!
woot.gif
Not to shabby for a cold wet weekend! So tired today!
th.gif

I can't wait to see everyone's squares as well.
bun.gif
I am so exciting thinking of how warm & cozy my BYC Fall Granny Square will be.
jumpy.gif
I absolutely love all the colors and different patterns of everyone's squares I've seen so far. I like my blankets big and cozy, so I'm pretty sure I will crochet more squares to connect, so I can wrap it all around me. These earthy fall colors will match my living room and bed room. I'm going to be very selfish and make it for "me".
lol.png
I don't think I'm going to connect the squares I have from past swaps to this afghan. I can always connect those another time for a really wacky hodgepodge BYC blanket.
lau.gif

woot.gif
Welcome urbanfarmer & little_chick!!!!! Please make sure you drop by the crochetchat thread and chat w/ us and post pic of any projects you may be working on at the moment.
smile.png
As Sunny said, I'm sure someone will host another swap after the holidays.
smile.png
Until then please don't be a stranger.

Bumblebee~
woot.gif
How efficient!!!! I can't wait to receive them. Let me know when you send them, so I can watch for them.
bun.gif

Sunny~ I know things are changing in all of our environments. That is so crazy getting snow in June. Brrrrrr!!!!! I'm originally a Florida girl so I don't blame you for wanting heat. We've been getting snow in March and I thought that was crazy. We had a cold wet spring, then it jumped into a super hot long summer. Wacky!!!! It was kind of hit and miss w/ everyone's gardens.

Where are all the swappers?
idunno.gif

I hope everyone has a fantastic start of the week~
smile.png

Thanks Kim! You are such a sweetie! Um... if you have any left over cookies you could always send them my way.
hide.gif

Yeah! The heat is back today!!! Supposed to be in the high 80s today and 90 tomorrow. Ahhhhhh. Just what this lizard needs.
sun-001.gif

Boy we better get movin on the coop reconstruction! Running out of decent weather to build in. Picking up more chicks this weekend! Woo Hoo! Should have time for crocheting though. You all have a great week!
fl.gif

Quote:
Love your sun smiley!!!! YAY!!! "Heat"
clap.gif
It's nice here today as well. Enjoy it while it last!!!!
smile.png

I'm so sorry, but I turned all the extra cookies back in last night. I didn't want to have to deal with them. BUT...traditional door to door cookie sales begin Oct 1-15th if you really want some just let me know. You put your order in Oct 1-15th and they come in sometime the first week of Nov. I forget the dates, b/c I missed the cookie meeting.
hide.gif
I would be more than happy to slip them in the mail to you. They are $4 a box. Just let me know.
wink.png

Congratulations on getting more peeps this weekend!!!!
jumpy.gif
I love sweet baby peeps! You will have to post pics.
pop.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
clap.gif
smile.png

I'm so sorry, but I turned all the extra cookies back in last night. I didn't want to have to deal with them. BUT...traditional door to door cookie sales begin Oct 1-15th if you really want some just let me know. You put your order in Oct 1-15th and they come in sometime the first week of Nov. I forget the dates, b/c I missed the cookie meeting.
hide.gif
I would be more than happy to slip them in the mail to you. They are $4 a box. Just let me know.
wink.png

jumpy.gif
pop.gif

I will post pics, thanks. I was kidding about the cookies though. We go right by the Girl Scout offices for Reno so we go in once a year and buy a few boxes. I don't allow myself very many though cause I try to avoid transfats but I send a bunch to Hubby's work and then some to my folk's retirement complex. My folks say that they don't need 'em cause many of them have diabetes but they are forever eating candy anyway (the folks in the rec room not my parents). Cookies aren't any worse.
idunno.gif
My folks will have 2 or three then send them down to the rec room for everyone to enjoy.

I tell ya, it'll be a great day for me when they start making those Thin Mints without transfats. I will sure be a happy camper then!
big_smile.png

Quote:
clap.gif
smile.png

hide.gif
wink.png

jumpy.gif
pop.gif

I will post pics, thanks. I was kidding about the cookies though. We go right by the Girl Scout offices for Reno so we go in once a year and buy a few boxes. I don't allow myself very many though cause I try to avoid transfats but I send a bunch to Hubby's work and then some to my folk's retirement complex. My folks say that they don't need 'em cause many of them have diabetes but they are forever eating candy anyway (the folks in the rec room not my parents). Cookies aren't any worse.
idunno.gif
My folks will have 2 or three then send them down to the rec room for everyone to enjoy.

I tell ya, it'll be a great day for me when they start making those Thin Mints without transfats. I will sure be a happy camper then!
big_smile.png

I know GS Cookies are evil good, but I didn't know they had transfats. OMG!!!
ep.gif
It made me do a little diggin', b/c I try to avoid them when ever possible. Here's what a I found. http://littlebrowniebakers.com/search/?q=nutrition Crazy how the FDA can get around labeling even if a product has a smiggen amt of something. Notice the Thin Mints didn't even make the list of smiggen amounts.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom