Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
So sorry to hear of your family's loss. My prayers go out to all of you. It is never easy to lose a loved one. Here is a poem that I find comfort in:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
I am not there, I do not sleep

By an American Indian

Betty~ The poem is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Quote:
So sorry to hear of your family's loss. My prayers go out to all of you. It is never easy to lose a loved one. Here is a poem that I find comfort in:

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

By an American Indian

Thank you Betty!!! You have no idea how perfect this poem is for Steve and I. It matches our spriritual beliefs to a tee. When we got married we had a Native American Wedding poem read instead of the normal vows. Your poem has been a bright spot in my day! I can't wait to share it with Steve!
hugs.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
You are doing great!!!!
clap.gif
No problem. The deadline to finish is Nov 4th, so you are doing fantastic. Wish I could say the same for myself. I'm going to have to really crank my second set out the next few nights. I still have to design & print out my tags. I can't wait to receive them. It's so exciting around here in the afternoon. Usually checking the mail is soooo boring, but now I look forward to checking the box to see what kind of pretties are waiting for me.
lol.png
How is your sis Lindsey doing? Tell her hello from me! Happy Halloween~

Yay! All my squares are ready to go!
celebrate.gif

Lindsey is doing great, I think she only has to make 3 more squares or something.
Can't wait to see everyone's squares and put them all together! I'm still not sure what I am going to make with them... probably an afghan.​

We were out of town this weekend celebrating DH's b-day. We had a great surprise party for him and we all had a wonderful time. Unfortunately later that evening we found out that my DH's Mom passed away. It wasn't unexpected but we have still been dealing with family etc and haven't had much sleep in the last few days so I got almost nothing done on my squares. Hopefully I can work on them for a chunk of time tomorrow. Anyway just wanted to stop by and say "Hi!"

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
You are doing great!!!!
clap.gif
No problem. The deadline to finish is Nov 4th, so you are doing fantastic. Wish I could say the same for myself. I'm going to have to really crank my second set out the next few nights. I still have to design & print out my tags. I can't wait to receive them. It's so exciting around here in the afternoon. Usually checking the mail is soooo boring, but now I look forward to checking the box to see what kind of pretties are waiting for me.
lol.png
How is your sis Lindsey doing? Tell her hello from me! Happy Halloween~

Yay! All my squares are ready to go!
celebrate.gif

Lindsey is doing great, I think she only has to make 3 more squares or something.
Can't wait to see everyone's squares and put them all together! I'm still not sure what I am going to make with them... probably an afghan.

jumpy.gif
Can't wait to receive them!!! How exciting!!!!
pop.gif

Hey everybody~
frow.gif

I'm going to spend a little time outside grooming all the leaves out of my house plants that have been outside all spring and summer. I brought 2 in last night, but I have one that is heeaavvvveeee!!!! I need help w/ that one. I probably need to repot a few before I bring them in as well. Oh yea and spray them all off too. Usually we are frantically throwing them in leaves and all before the first frost and I don't want all that extra gunk in the house. I think showers & storms are heading our way, so I'll bring in some firewood to have on hand to build a fire. Hubby & I spend a little time on Sun gathering firewood from the yard. He chain saw up a fallen tree, we'd load it on the tractor and I'd drive the tractor to the back patio and dump the pile. We still have to reorganize our log pile. I might have time to start on that today before the rain comes.

I hope to have time to crochet tonight. I'm still working on my second set.
hide.gif

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Linsey~ That is ok, b/c one set was all that was required. We will all be so please to receive your squares. That's awesome!!!!!
clap.gif
I can't wait to receive them.
jumpy.gif
Oh it's really like X-mas or my B-day around here. I love hosting!!!

Yay I finished mine and have them all ready to box up and I will mail them tomorrow mornin
smile.png
I also gt seven new babies from mpc and they are too cute!! I have four silkies and three Easter eggers
smile.png

Quote:
clap.gif
YAY!!!! More pretties coming my way! I can't wait!!! I'll let you know when they arrive.
jumpy.gif
Oh congratulations on your new baby chicks!!! Oh I love baby chicks so much.

Back
Top Bottom