Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
Have a safe trip! I should be able to mail my squares out tomorrow. I just have a tiny bit more to do and I should be able to finish that up tonight. It is supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow but as soon as it lets up mañana I will head to the post office. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
tongue.png

They are going out 3 day priority mail so should be to you by Tuesday though the PO doesn't guarantee the 3 day time line. Hope DD enjoys the college visit!
smile.png

Hey Sunny~ So good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you. How are you & DH doing? No worries if you don't get them finished tonight. Don't knock yourself out trying to get them done tonight. You've had a lot on your plate. You should just take the snow day to relax. I'm not ready for snow yet. It's cold & rainy here. Ick! Yea, DD wants the college experience, but not be too far from home. We are pretty excited about touring tomorrow, but both of us move soooooo slow in the morning. Hope we make it on time. LOL!!!

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Have a safe trip! I should be able to mail my squares out tomorrow. I just have a tiny bit more to do and I should be able to finish that up tonight. It is supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow but as soon as it lets up mañana I will head to the post office. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
tongue.png

They are going out 3 day priority mail so should be to you by Tuesday though the PO doesn't guarantee the 3 day time line. Hope DD enjoys the college visit!
smile.png

Hey Sunny~ So good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you. How are you & DH doing? No worries if you don't get them finished tonight. Don't knock yourself out trying to get them done tonight. You've had a lot on your plate. You should just take the snow day to relax. I'm not ready for snow yet. It's cold & rainy here. Ick! Yea, DD wants the college experience, but not be too far from home. We are pretty excited about touring tomorrow, but both of us move soooooo slow in the morning. Hope we make it on time. LOL!!!​

Don't worry, I won't kill myself trying to rush on them. But there is very little left to do. We are doing well. We have had a lot of support from friends and family, including all you wonderful BYC folks. It does makes a huge difference. There is already almost an inch of snow on the ground up here and a friend said it is also snowing on the valley floor down in Reno proper so we will probably be out of luck tomorrow as far as travelling to the PO goes. Our street is not on the priority list for plowing so it may be a day or so before they get our street cleared. If it only snows a couple of inches we will be fine but if it snows more than that we won't go out if we don't have to.

Hey Bleenie~ I just wanted to let you know your beautiful squares arrived safe & sound.
clap.gif
They must have arrived on Thur b/c I retrieved them from the mail box on my way out to St. Louis yesterday morning. I had to wait until last night to open them. Oh the anticipations!!!! They are all so gorgeous!!! Love them!!!!! I was too tired to post last night. I'll post a pic later for all you photo junkies!
wink.png

We are having a lazy morning, but have lots to do. It's that time of year to play battle of the leaves. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!!
smile.png

I joined this thread too late to participate and have enjoyed all the pictures, especially the dogs. I guess i'm one of those photo junkies. I hope some of you will post pictures of what you make with the lovely squares.

Quote:
Hey Alethea~ Great to hear from you! Oh I'm sure we will all still chat as everyone receives their swaps & most definitely post pics pf our projects as we work on them.
smile.png

Hello Swappers~ My husband brought me 2 boxes full of pretties from our mailbox tonight.
clap.gif
One box is from bhazell & the other box is from the sisters (Lindsey & Lealonna). They are all so pretty!!!!!
ya.gif
Great job ladies!!!! Oh I love being the hosting receiving all these boxes full of beautiful squares. Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!
wee.gif

ok, now the suspense is killing me, i just am on pins and needles waiting for the return blolcks. wow.
wee.gif
barnie.gif

Oh my precious...as I wring my hands!!!!
lau.gif
Oh they are ALL mine!!! ALL mine, mine, mine!!!!! I tricked every single one of you. I will keep them all and cherish them forever!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Just kidding!!!! I need a pic of Gollum from Lord of the Rings to inset there.

Oh it's been fun receiving all the packages. I think my family has enjoyed it as well. I know my DD has b/c she will ask daily if any came in the mail and she can't wait to see them. Now all my DH said was, "You didn't ever attach any of the squares from the other swaps!" I replied, "Oh, but these all match, so I will be attaching them at some point." He just wanted to act like a grump, but I see him peering into each box I open and he even collected them for me one day. He can't fool me.
lol.png

Be patient my ladies, b/c I still have some squares to receive before I can separate them. I promise to upload some more pics. I was in the yard all day yesterday playing battle of the leaves and pick up sticks. There is a blanket of leaves to replace the ones I blew off the back patio yesterday.
somad.gif
That's the way it will be until the last of the leaves drop. You have to keep up on it daily or they just get to thick to move, esp before the cold wet freezing rain or snow arrives. Ok, off to Rural King to buy my piggies (chickens, ducks & turkeys) some food.

Last edited:
Smitty's Farm :

Oh my precious...as I wring my hands!!!!
lau.gif
Oh they are ALL mine!!! ALL mine, mine, mine!!!!! I tricked every single one of you. I will keep them all and cherish them forever!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Just kidding!!!! I need a pic of Gollum from Lord of the Rings to inset there.

Oh it's been fun receiving all the packages. I think my family has enjoyed it as well. I know my DD has b/c she will ask daily if any came in the mail and she can't wait to see them. Now all my DH said was, "You didn't ever attach any of the squares from the other swaps!" I replied, "Oh, but these all match, so I will be attaching them at some point." He just wanted to act like a grump, but I see him peering into each box I open and he even collected them for me one day. He can't fool me.
lol.png

Be patient my ladies, b/c I still have some squares to receive before I can separate them. I promise to upload some more pics. I was in the yard all day yesterday playing battle of the leaves and pick up sticks. There is a blanket of leaves to replace the ones I blew off the back patio yesterday.
somad.gif
That's the way it will be until the last of the leaves drop. You have to keep up on it daily or they just get to thick to move, esp before the cold wet freezing rain or snow arrives. Ok, off to Rural King to buy my piggies (chickens, ducks & turkeys) some food.

yuckyuck.gif

I will try to be patient...
pop.gif
So NOT my strongest suit..
That's my Hubby's cup of tea! See signature!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom