Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

I guess we're all anxious and impatient to see our blocks. Me included.
droolin.gif
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and remembered to set the clocks back. I don't like it when it gets dark so early. It's been a chilly week here in the high desert and we even had rain. I don't mind the rain but I do mind the wind we get in the winter. It can get as bad as a hurricane. We had a 4.1 earthquake last week but no damage. Have a good Monday !

I knew it, it was just a scam so she can create the worlds biggest afghan!!!
lol.png

Smitty's Farm :

Oh my precious...as I wring my hands!!!!
lau.gif
Oh they are ALL mine!!! ALL mine, mine, mine!!!!! I tricked every single one of you. I will keep them all and cherish them forever!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Just kidding!!!! I need a pic of Gollum from Lord of the Rings to inset there.

Oh it's been fun receiving all the packages. I think my family has enjoyed it as well. I know my DD has b/c she will ask daily if any came in the mail and she can't wait to see them. Now all my DH said was, "You didn't ever attach any of the squares from the other swaps!" I replied, "Oh, but these all match, so I will be attaching them at some point." He just wanted to act like a grump, but I see him peering into each box I open and he even collected them for me one day. He can't fool me.
lol.png

Be patient my ladies, b/c I still have some squares to receive before I can separate them. I promise to upload some more pics. I was in the yard all day yesterday playing battle of the leaves and pick up sticks. There is a blanket of leaves to replace the ones I blew off the back patio yesterday.
somad.gif
That's the way it will be until the last of the leaves drop. You have to keep up on it daily or they just get to thick to move, esp before the cold wet freezing rain or snow arrives. Ok, off to Rural King to buy my piggies (chickens, ducks & turkeys) some food.​

Smitty's Farm :

Oh MY PRECIOUS!!!!! MINE.....Hahahahaha!!! Evil laugh!
big_smile.png
Mine....ALL Mine!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

You evil queen you! You have folied our plans!
lol.png

Last edited:
I tracked my package and it has been delivered. So now you have one more to be picked up Kim.
tongue.png
I forgot to take pics when they were done or I would have posted them. Hope you all like them.
big_smile.png

We're getting close now. Can't wait to see mine. I just finished an afghan night before last and I am working on some other blocks, actually they're circles at this point to use up those itty bitty pieces of yarn. The center circle has 16 double crochets and the next has 8 single crochets and chain three spaces every other double crochet. Those two rows use up the little bits. The next row is a three double crochet chain two in each of the chain three spaces of round two. It doesn't become a square until the next row and it's a joining round as you go. I'm going to use a single color for that last round but haven't decided if it will be a medium brown, tan or off white. It might be an emerald grren also.

I got a quilt layered yesterday and hope to start machine quilting it by Friday. DH is off today and tomorrow and tomorrow it's a 150 mile round trip for his doctors App't and shopping. We dug up four dead trees and planted four live ones this morning and I finished planting my daffodils this afternoon. There's a storm heading our way by Friday they say.

Quote:
JK Kim. Uh Kim? Where'd everybody go?

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Just_Cuz_06.gif

lol.png
Oh I know you were joking!!! I thought that was hilarious!!!!
lau.gif
Oh yea, I picked your package up from my mailbox this afternoon on my way out to do hubby B-day errands. I just got home and opened your box of lovelies!!! Oh ladies they are really gorgeous!!! Don't worry I'll lay them out and take a pic to share w/ everyone to torture all of you while you are waiting for your swaps.
lau.gif
I love your tags. So cute!!!!

I'm sorry ladies I'm behind on posting pics. I am so slammed. I drove to St. Louis yesterday afternoon to get my hair did, came home and threw all my chicken supplies out of my car and then drove to pick up cases & cases of my troop's Girl Scout Cookies that filled the whole back of my suburban and then spent the evening unloading & sorting them. 3 of my girls pick their orders up last night and another pick their order up today, so I have 3 more girls to come get their cookies.

Betty~ You have been a busy, busy lady. I wish I could hook as fast as you.
smile.png

Yes ladies the time is drawing near. Just waiting on a few more packages to come in before I can divide them.

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
JK Kim. Uh Kim? Where'd everybody go?

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Just_Cuz_06.gif

lol.png
Oh I know you were joking!!! I thought that was hilarious!!!!
lau.gif
Oh yea, I picked your package up from my mailbox this afternoon on my way out to do hubby B-day errands. I just got home and opened your box of lovelies!!! Oh ladies they are really gorgeous!!! Don't worry I'll lay them out and take a pic to share w/ everyone to torture all of you while you are waiting for your swaps.
lau.gif
I love your tags. So cute!!!!

I'm sorry ladies I'm behind on posting pics. I am so slammed. I drove to St. Louis yesterday afternoon to get my hair did, came home and threw all my chicken supplies out of my car and then drove to pick up cases & cases of my troop's Girl Scout Cookies that filled the whole back of my suburban and then spent the evening unloading & sorting them. 3 of my girls pick their orders up last night and another pick their order up today, so I have 3 more girls to come get their cookies.

Betty~ You have been a busy, busy lady. I wish I could hook as fast as you.
smile.png

Yes ladies the time is drawing near. Just waiting on a few more packages to come in before I can divide them.​

thumbsup.gif
Don't stress! We know how full your plate is right now. It'll be tough but we can wait a bit longer.
tongue.png

Tell your Hubby we said "Happy Birthday"!!!

Back
Top Bottom