Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
I'm well over 50 with 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters. It's never grown on me. I do buy pink for them though. They are always surprised when I do but I always say "I buy it because they like it". Not trying to push my dislikes on others. I just know as much as I dislike the color I wouldn't keep squares with very much pink in them and that wouldn't be fair to the folks that are working so hard on their squares. It's ok if y'all want to use pink. I'll just observe this time around. That would only be fair cause the next swap won't have pink. May as well let folks have fun with it this time around.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I must have missed that the palette was announced w/ me bouncing between the 2 threads. The crochet corner has been chatty. I love it!!!
love.gif

I just didn't want your student to make a bunch for the spring swap and be disappointed IF it wasn't in the color scheme for the spring swap.
smile.png

So where is the color palette for the spring swap? I guess I need to check my stash and see what I have. I have a few JoAnn Fabric coupon mailers I need to check and see if they have some good deals on yarn.
smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I must have missed that the palette was announced w/ me bouncing between the 2 threads. The crochet corner has been chatty. I love it!!!
love.gif

I just didn't want your student to make a bunch for the spring swap and be disappointed IF it wasn't in the color scheme for the spring swap.
smile.png

So where is the color palette for the spring swap? I guess I need to check my stash and see what I have. I have a few JoAnn Fabric coupon mailers I need to check and see if they have some good deals on yarn.
smile.png

They had some on sale in the store when I went this past weekend, but it was mostly the wool and winter types on sale. Online they have sales that they don't have in the store. I know they have a good sale on the Homespun right now online.​

Quote:
love.gif

smile.png

smile.png

They had some on sale in the store when I went this past weekend, but it was mostly the wool and winter types on sale. Online they have sales that they don't have in the store. I know they have a good sale on the Homespun right now online.

barnie.gif
I love the homespun! Got to go google that now!
wee.gif

I'm confused. Can we use pink in this swap or not? I made one square with a pale pink flower, then dark green and with a purple border. I won't use any more pink until I know what we are doing. Meanwhile, I hope to make squares for Writer's class, too, so if pink is out, I can send that one to her.

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Oh cool!!! Were there some cool projects in it?

Yes! There is a shawl and a jacket plus some slippers that I want to try! If only I could find the time.....​

Quote:
They had some on sale in the store when I went this past weekend, but it was mostly the wool and winter types on sale. Online they have sales that they don't have in the store. I know they have a good sale on the Homespun right now online.

barnie.gif
I love the homespun! Got to go google that now!
wee.gif

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat500016&PRODID=prd18909

They have more on sale under the "yarn" tab to the top of the home page.
smile.png

Also, I stumbled upon the website for Smiley's discount yarns . You have to buy $50 worth for a minimum order, but the prices on the yarn is fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom