Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
IDK, you'll have to ask Betty to be sure. She said she was using a very pale pink but not a lot of it. She is running this next swap so she would be the one to decide yea or nay. I know I remember her saying pale pink was ok.

Quote:
barnie.gif
I love the homespun! Got to go google that now!
wee.gif

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat500016&PRODID=prd18909

They have more on sale under the "yarn" tab to the top of the home page.
smile.png

Also, I stumbled upon the website for Smiley's discount yarns . You have to buy $50 worth for a minimum order, but the prices on the yarn is fantastic!

Oh you enabler....you!!!! I've been trying to be good and NOT buy any more yarn. I say that and just last week I had to go into Wally World for something and I cruised by the yarn aisle. I knew better, but I did it anyway and of course there was some Lion Brand Homespun (#5 Bulky) on sale for $2.50 a skein...... and of course I bought the last 3 skeins that were left. It was only one color (Nouveau), but believe me I was looking at the rest just to make sure. Thanks for the site. I'll just have to take a looksie since you twisted my arm.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh cool!!! Were there some cool projects in it?

Yes! There is a shawl and a jacket plus some slippers that I want to try! If only I could find the time.....

Cool!!!! Oh that is the story of my life.
tongue.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat500016&PRODID=prd18909

They have more on sale under the "yarn" tab to the top of the home page.
smile.png

Also, I stumbled upon the website for Smiley's discount yarns . You have to buy $50 worth for a minimum order, but the prices on the yarn is fantastic!

Oh you enabler....you!!!! I've been trying to be good and NOT buy any more yarn. I say that and just last week I had to go into Wally World for something and I cruised by the yarn aisle. I knew better, but I did it anyway and of course there was some Lion Brand Homespun (#5 Bulky) on sale for $2.50 a skein...... and of course I bought the last 3 skeins that were left. It was only one color (Nouveau), but believe me I was looking at the rest just to make sure. Thanks for the site. I'll just have to take a looksie since you twisted my arm.
smile.png

One time when our Wal*Mart was remodeling, I *needed* some cotton yarn to make some dishcloths, and found that they had ALL of their Homespun on sale for $2 a skein. We got two of each colour and now I wish we had gotten more
tongue.png

Quote:
smile.png

One time when our Wal*Mart was remodeling, I *needed* some cotton yarn to make some dishcloths, and found that they had ALL of their Homespun on sale for $2 a skein. We got two of each colour and now I wish we had gotten more
tongue.png

Oh man! $2?!!! I'd have cleaned them out of every color I liked! That stuff makes the warmest afgans and hats and scarves. I'm making a sweater out of it right now as well. It is gorgeous yarn too! Love the depth of color and the texture of it.

Last edited:
WOW!!!
ep.gif
$2 What a deal!!! I thought I had a deal @ $2.50 a skein, but $2 is fantastic!!! I love it!!!

Oh Sunny I bet it does make a nice cozy sweater. You better post a pic for us when you are done.
smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

WOW!!!
ep.gif
$2 What a deal!!! I thought I had a deal @ $2.50 a skein, but $2 is fantastic!!! I love it!!!

Oh Sunny I bet it does make a nice cozy sweater. You better post a pic for us when you are done.
smile.png

lol.png
I've been trying to get to it for a year now. The weather is getting mighty frigid though. Time to dig it out and get it done!
tongue.png

Here is what you've been waiting for........

"COME ONE COME ALL"
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Crochet Granny Square Swap ~ Spring 2012
(Sign ups Open until February 28, 2012)

Theme: Spring ~ Think of the beautiful cool colors like the soon to be leaves that will be budding out on the trees and the blues and greens of spring.
(blues, greens,lavenders) (pink if you must but please lets have it very pale and lean more to the lavender)

Size: 6 " squares (6"x6")

Pattern: Any Pattern (As long as the finished square measures 6")

Yarn: 4 ply

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap!

Dates: LAST DAY to sign up is (Tuesday, February 28th, 2012!!

Completion Deadline: April. 28th, 2012 ~ All 6" Granny Squares must be complete and ready to mail!!! That gives everyone 2 months to complete their squares.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Spring Squares, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work!!

I ask that ALL squares be labeled with your user name & real name and placed in individual ziplock bags. In addition, you will need to send return postage!!

Mail the cheapest most efficient way that is easiest for you and I will return your squares the exact way you mailed them to me.
So dust off your hooks and whip up some cozy granny square patterns that will warm your hearts!!!!

Last edited:
Don't hate me

:sniff: I'm a yarn snob. Unless it is a 100% cotton or a wool sock yarn, or a yarn I spun myself (or someone else spun), it doesn't touch my needles/hooks/loom.

Cain't help it. Once you got the good stuff, it's awful hard to go back.

Back
Top Bottom