Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Woo hoo!!! Kim I did send mine w/ delivery confirmation but I doubt the postman added it for the return trip. He just tore off enough postage and added it to my box and then told me what the total was due. It was .70 for delivery confirmation. If you did add this then please let me pay you for it!
tongue.png

I am so excited to see them!!!
big_smile.png

I candled the eggs in the incubator tonight. I had 13 eggs in there and I pulled 2 out. The others I could see the air sack and a couple I could see movement. I'm only at day 9. Two more are doubtful as they're blue and I couldn't see anything but if I get the others to hatch I'll be happy.

Can't wait to see the blocks.

Quote:
Hey Sunny~

I'm so sorry, but I didn't pay for the confirmation for you b/c I wasn't sure.
sad.png
I didn't see a sticker on your box, but I knew that it could have easily been ripped off when I tore into the package.
hmm.png
I thought I'd ask before I headed to the P.O. I almost purchased it for you when I got there, b/c I just had this feeling that you purchased it and should have gone w/ my gut feeling. So you don't owe me a thing. Your return postage was perfect.
smile.png

Quote:
OOoooooo how EGG-Citing!!!! What kind of eggs do you have brewing in there? I haven't hatched in a while, but been feeling the need to do some this spring.
jumpy.gif

I get excited every time I see the movement...signs of life.
I saw your earlier post and you've been super busy. Are you going to work yourself cleaning into a corner and sit and do a little quilting. I love to get packages as well. That was one of my favorite parts of hosting was receiving the packages. It felt like a very extended B-day.
big_smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
Hey Sunny~

I'm so sorry, but I didn't pay for the confirmation for you b/c I wasn't sure.
sad.png
I didn't see a sticker on your box, but I knew that it could have easily been ripped off when I tore into the package.
hmm.png
I thought I'd ask before I headed to the P.O. I almost purchased it for you when I got there, b/c I just had this feeling that you purchased it and should have gone w/ my gut feeling. So you don't owe me a thing. Your return postage was perfect.
smile.png

Oh good! I wasn't expecting you to that's why I didn't include funds for it. I was more concerned with making sure they got to you ok! Thank you!!!
smile.png

Yep! while the carpet dries in the living room and office today I'll have cleaned myself into the spare bedroom/sewing room. Oh! darn!
celebrate.gif

I have five Old English Bantam Game Hen eggs in the incubator. They're Lavenders and I have four Silie/Maran eggs in there. The hen is black and I have a lovely colored rooster the same as her but I thinki the little Old English fathered these eggs like he did the others that were hatched under one of my Wyandotte's that went broody and those were the only eggs That I thought were fertile. She hatched two and one hs feathers on it's feet. I also put three blue eggs in ther incubator but I don't think they're fertile. They didn't candle well but maybe the light wasn't bright enough. It's pretty exciting as I've never done it before. A friend thought she was having trouble with her incubator and brought it out to me to try. They'll have to stay in the house for a while if they hatch since it's turned cold.

I haven't decided on a pattern or colors yet. I've been going through my books, thought I'd try a new pattern. Walmart doesn't have much in the way of yarn either so will wait until I go to the big city and look there.

I look forward to see what you all make out of those squares. Meanwhile, I've started on the ones for Spring.

I have chicken news, too. Ruthie laid an egg yesterday. This may not sound like much but Ruthie is 31 weeks old and her broodmates have been laying since September. It's not that Ruthie hasn't known what has been going on. She was the first to discover the plastic egg I put in the nesting box as they were coming of age. It was funny. She made a long neck and looked at it closely. Flora saw her and joined her and the two of them watched this plastic egg for many minutes. Then, when Flora and Greta started laying, Ruthie would stand on the roost and sing to them when they sere sitting, sort of a chicken cheerleader. Bok.

Yep! while the carpet dries in the living room and office today I'll have cleaned myself into the spare bedroom/sewing room. Oh! darn!

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

OOooooops!!!! Oh darn!!!!
lol.png
Oh what shall you do with yourself in there while the carpet dries? I can't imagine!!!
gig.gif
Sounds like a great plan to me! Wish I could use that as an excuse to play w/ my yarn, but I have lots to do. BUT.... the great procrastinator that I am, I'm sitting and having a leisure morning drinking my yummy coffee.
caf.gif

Oh your baby chicks are going to be sooooo cute. I want to see pics please! Lavender Ole English bantam and a silkie/maran....how cute!!!! I miss having babies!

I haven't had time to think about the Spring Swap just yet. Well i have to confess that I think about it, but haven't got serious about looking for patterns or yarn. I need to get crocheting on some B-day & Christmas stuff.
tongue.png

Overcast here today from the morning rain. DD & I have to get out and do some errands and then we'll do the fast & furious cleaning. Uggggg!!!! Calgon take me away!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom