Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Mine haven't come yet but those are beautiful. Can't wait until mine get here.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day.....even if you eat ham......

I got my squares today! I have been so busy I haven't looked at them yet
hmm.png

I will be having tofurkey tomorrow
lol.png
because I am vegetarian, but all the other fixins will be included.

Quote:
I love Jen's squares!!! Both her patterns are awesome!!!! I think I might have her flower pattern. It looks just like one I did for last spring's swap. I'll look for it. You should see the pattern she did for her 2nd set. I want that pattern if possible or reference where she got it from. So unique!!!!
smile.png

I would love to try it out thanks! They are all beautiful, I just hope I can master more than a plain old square!
Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
I love Jen's squares!!! Both her patterns are awesome!!!! I think I might have her flower pattern. It looks just like one I did for last spring's swap. I'll look for it. You should see the pattern she did for her 2nd set. I want that pattern if possible or reference where she got it from. So unique!!!!
smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
clap.gif
YAY!!!!
celebrate.gif
Glad they arrived safely!!!
woot.gif

My daughter is a vegetarian as well. It gets very interesting around here at dinner time.
tongue.png

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I joke that I am a flexitarian. If I went to your house and you served me turkey I would eat it.
big_smile.png
But I don't eat beef, fish, or chicken on a regular basis and I never eat seafood (like shrimp, oysters, lobster) or pork products. I do drink milk, eat cheese, and eat eggs. I live in a vegetarian community but I am the odd one b/c I raise chickens
lol.png

Here's pics of the dividing process:

~First I retrieved all the swap packages from their hiding place behind my couch and put them on my table~

3724_cimg1990.jpg

Next step I took each participants swaps and placed them in a 2 gallon ziplock bag, so I could have their return boxes empty ready to place everyone's swap squares in~

3724_cimg1991.jpg

Then I lined up all empty addressed return boxes in a row ready to drop in the divided swaps. I would just take one participant's 2 gallon bag at a time and plop one of their squares (or 2 if they did 2 sets) into everyone's return box.

3724_cimg1992.jpg

Then I taped them all up and placed them in a pile ready to load in my car for shipping.
big_smile.png

3724_cimg2000.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
clap.gif
YAY!!!!
celebrate.gif
Glad they arrived safely!!!
woot.gif

My daughter is a vegetarian as well. It gets very interesting around here at dinner time.
tongue.png

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I joke that I am a flexitarian. If I went to your house and you served me turkey I would eat it.
big_smile.png
But I don't eat beef, fish, or chicken on a regular basis and I never eat seafood (like shrimp, oysters, lobster) or pork products. I do drink milk, eat cheese, and eat eggs. I live in a vegetarian community but I am the odd one b/c I raise chickens
lol.png

My daughter is a die hard vegetarian. She doesn't eat any meat of any kind. No chicken, turkey, pork or seafood. I worry so much about her getting enough protein. I did take her to a nutritionals years ago for them to tell her how many servings of protein she needed and she's pretty good about substituting non meat protein in it's place. I knew it would be better the info coming from someone else than mom. She will eat eggs from our chickens (thank goodness), but not eggs anywhere else if she doesn't know how they were raised. She will eat eat small amounts of cheese, but not sour cream. No milk, but does soy or almond milk. If she hears of a company using animals for testing then she'll boycott that product. Oh man I just know I will probably be picking her up at some point for protesting for animals. Yep....that's my girls!!!

My DH doesn't eat beef or pork, but does eat chicken, turkey & seafood. I'm a meatatarian!!!
lol.png
I don't eat pork any more, but eat chicken, turkey, seafood and some pasture grass fed beef. Like I said...interesting...very interesting here at dinner.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom