Cross Continental Friends!!!

I just made the first batch of homemade strawberry icemilk. Icecream out of the goat's milk instead of cream. The milk i have is very high in dairy fat so it is yummy. My husband has made two batches of cheese. It is very good too. We just have to find the time to do it more.
tongue.png
Yum that sounds good! Horray for self sufficiency!
I got to meet my neighbor whilst I was staggering out to the laundry room (separate building from the house). His naughty little dog had grabbed one of my serama roosters and was dunking it in the creek. I can't run but I can scurry and yell so off I went in my pajamas and Crocs, those hideous shoes I love so. The neighbor was on the outside of the fence yelling at his dog to stop. I scared the dog and he jumped out of the water as I jumped in. This is a good metre plus drop into water that is about a half meter deep and very cold snow melt. Some how i completely lost a shoe but the best part was the poor chicken. The rooster, poor thing, oh, guys, it was so funny. I shouldn't laugh but there he was, in as small a ball as he could make himself, floating and slowly pirouetting in the current of the creek, just as wide eyed and frozen as a statue. I grabbed the rooster, who actually seems to be fine now, wrung him out, and tucked him into my pocket while the neighbor apologized over and over, offering to pay, saying he doesn't know why we didn't shoot the dog, etc. I told him point blank I wasn't too concerned about the rooster but was worried about my pregnant goat, who was mildly amused at the ruckus. I told him that we had shot other dogs and would shoot his if it came back, which he understood. Imagine the look on my husband's face when I came back in the house wet, covered in leaves, mud, a little blood, and feathers and telling him I met one of the neighbors. The rooster is fine but a little jumpy and has three scraggly tail feathers left. Karen Who leads a strange life...my coworkers don't know what to make of me
Karen, this made me chuckle! So glad your rooster is ok, poor thing! You have crocs over there too, they are a source of much controversy here. Like marmite - don't know if you have that, you either love it or hate it! Sounds like you have a big bit of land to have to protect it like that. That's the bad thing about the UK, because it's so small, unless you have a ridiculous amount of money no one has much land. Righty oh, I'd best get out of bed and say hey to my duckies and the poopy mess, feed the cat and let the big duckies out! Talk later!

another day is gone

today was really windy, but tonight I can't see a single cloud in the sky

this morning I found Pecorino upside down like a pear, with a foot trapped on the net, after few second of being tipsy, it's gonna be fine like nothing happens

sure, he trying to fight with another cockerel, an O-Shamo 3 times bigger than him

from the time I moved the groups outside, he's gonna be more nervous, like he feels his supremacy is in danger

not just old and strange rooster, also crazy

now, we've got a group who include ten hours of difference from Italia to Alaska, this world become every day more little

I've seen Valdez is a port in the South of Alaska, very important for the oil affairs

even if it's south, I think is gonna be really cold in winter

a couple of weeks ago, I've seen a program about the truckers who drive on the to move goods to and from the mines and oil camps, all of this during the cold season, when the ice can resist the weight of hundred of trucks on, but, I think these places are northern than

Oh Yeh we get that program too, ice road truckers? That program makes me stressed! I don't know how they do it.
Yes it's the same here now. No wind, no clouds but all day it's been cold and windy!

Megan, My Nigerian Dwarfs are about 40-55 lbs. They are very hardy and very low upkeep. I have not seen a pygmy that I know of to compare with but, I grew up with Nubians. They were wonderful but much larger goats. Nigerians and Nubians both have the most butter fat in terms of amount of fat in the milk. Goat milk is self homogenizing. It is nearly impossible to separate. The best you get is on the sides of the bottle and about an inch on top on the cold milk in the fridge.

I am so sorry Karen what a hard day. I am glad you find humor in your adventures. I guess if we cannot find humor we would all go crazy in the farming scene LOL.

Pretty cloudy here. Reflects how I am feeling today. Funny story about your rooster though! More family troubles and I am not sure how much longer I can hold up. Begining to forget who I am and who I wanted to be,is that normal?

Thanks for the nigerian info-I work with nubians they are rather curious goats.

Last edited:
Valdez is moderate but, very rainy and snowy. We had low temps of 0 F this winter. We have lots of variation because we are coastal. I am hoping to move up from sea level a bit ...better for farming. We had 368 inches of snow or something crazy like that!! We still have piles of snow around us.

Yup you're normal. It will all come back to you and you'll start feeling abit more positive about life again. It takes time unfortunately but you will get there just hold on abit longer. Do things for you. Indulge a bit. Do what you feel you need to do.

I always like when it's cloudy without rain, I can work more and better without a lot of sweat

surely, can't be cloud forever, because we can't harvest cereals and doing the hays

last year, we've got over 90 days over 30°C, without a still of rain, when the time of corn comes, the hailstones leaves us just the clean canes, luckily, we've collected more than the half, the others are handpicked and dried in cage, like old times, but, what a job

Back
Top Bottom