CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure this Dorking person is a breeder? The red female should have golden or or bright yellow shafting. Page 97 of the APA Standard. Picture on pg 110 showing the shafting. Shafting is a fault on many breeds, but not this time.

Check the SOP to be sure of the information you receive.....there is a lot of bad info online.

Walt

The breeder that I'm talking about has Silvers. She said that she needs to correct the shafting in her birds. I didn't look at the Red Dorking description, now I see it there.

This hen has a lot of shafting in her feathers. Is that correct for Red Dorkings? I read somewhere how to get rid of light shafting in the feathers but can't remember where. Can anyone help with that? Looking at the grey pantaloons, could she be a cross between a Red and another color Dorking? I don't know.
Thanks,
Karen
Ohhh!!! ohhh! that is a question I know the answer to!!! Shafting is a good thing with dorkings!!!!

Here are a couple of the SG pullets from McMurray. Sorry for the crummy photos. I took them for "visual", not chicken U.
wink.png

Here are a couple of the SG pullets from McMurray. Sorry for the crummy photos. I took them for "visual", not chicken U.
wink.png

It is hard to tell much about them in these pictures, but what I can see is this: They should not have the lacing on the body feathers, they should not have shafting on the chest and the heads are kind of narrow.

Walt

It is hard to tell much about them in these pictures, but what I can see is this: They should not have the lacing on the body feathers, they should not have shafting on the chest and the heads are kind of narrow.

Walt
(now I want to run home and look at my chickens to see if they have lacing on the body
or shafting on the chest)

Not sure I can add a picture but this is also a young, 3/08/13 McMurray pullet. And hoping to find a picture of the cockerel. I now have chicks from Dick Horstman but they hatched May 28th not much to look at yet!!! Nope nothing worth posting of him will try to get some tomorrow. I'm eager to grow out the Horstman birds and compare them to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom