CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to clarify, I don't think the welsummer is supposed to have a salmon colored breast - it should be darker than what is typically referred to as salmon

PA:Rich, chesnut red in Dutch sop: dark salmon. Like saying its not pink, but salmon. Not very clear without the picture, just a discription. For sure the salmon breast like on a Dutch Bantam hen light brown, it would be too pink for a Welsummer hen. Should be darker/more rich/deeper. Some good examples of the right color were giving here with pictures earlier. Thanks for clarifiyng that again also faykokowv

Quote: Yes indeed. I saw this darker salmon breast on some Golden Salmon Marans I was raising. Improper for them, proper for Welsummer. It's almost like they had an extra shot of autosomal red . I had thought at the time, it was a hetero Mh gene. But now I see from Reeder that wildtype does have e+/e+ s+/s+ Aph/Aph Di/Di Mh/Mh . So I am thinking some other red intensifier?
Reeder says folk speak of one shot of Aph as "autosomal red".
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
I have a need for the largest box of crayons ever produced so I will know the colors. Another thread mentioned flesh colored, I know what was meant because we are the same age and our crayon box had the same color chart.

I have a need for the largest box of crayons ever produced so I will know the colors. Another thread mentioned flesh colored, I know what was meant because we are the same age and our crayon box had the same color chart.

Some folks have been using the Online Auction Chart. It is product with many different colors in different dilutions all numbered so that if you wanted to buy a couch and the seller said it was blue, but to your eye you would describe it as aqua there is no confusion. If both had the chart he could say which number it was and be very accurate. Its nice because it has all colors not just blues and greens like the Ameraucana egg chart.

Although I also know what color flesh is too
smile.png

Wouldn't it be great if the SOP would refer colors to pantone colors (if anyone is into printing they would know what that meant) Pantone color charts used to be the standard for selecting a specific color. (don't know if still is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom