Cuckoo marans

TY for that broody report. I love it, Is It not always like that?

Well I know about the Australorps and I guess also Silkies go broody. I am thinking I might just get a few of each of those breeds. I was telling my husband who just loves the chickens that we need to keep the Silkies separate from the other chickens. The weather is against them here in the bottom of SC humidity and fluffy animals, NO. I was thinking I might just make a inside office pen for them, LOL. He has a office on our property and his contractors would laugh so hard at pet Silkie chickens. They of course would go outside some.

ChooksMan. Thanks for gender i.d. SCM. Where is red on them? Here is Blue Boy my BBCM.
and the Blue Barred girl, a couple weeks younger. I am in the city and they are both pretty noisy may not be able to keep them. Southern California.

Can anyone identify my chick as a cuckoo Maran? It's a mystery chick. Fuzzy at 3 weeks. Feathers only on wings. Tiny comb, teenie fluff tail, and I think the legs are long... Big white thing by the beak. Thanks for help! If it's a cuckoo Maran, is it pullet or roo? Pic 3 weeks exactly.

Can anyone identify my chick as a cuckoo Maran? It's a mystery chick. Fuzzy at 3 weeks. Feathers only on wings. Tiny comb, teenie fluff tail, and I think the legs are long... Big white thing by the beak. Thanks for help! If it's a cuckoo Maran, is it pullet or roo? Pic 3 weeks exactly.
looks like a cuckoo maran & Id say girl.I have 5 female & 1 male that are about 3 weeks, they look alike :)

ChooksMan. Thanks for gender i.d. SCM. Where is red on them? Here is Blue Boy my BBCM. and the Blue Barred girl, a couple weeks younger. I am in the city and they are both pretty noisy may not be able to keep them. Southern California.

Sorry to say they are not marans .
white ears lobe ,and skinny long type .
Andalusian Chooks crosses

chooks man

he is a cockerel . silver cuckoo maran or marans X .

seem he have a problem with his legs.

chooks man

LL

this is the pullet I m talking about .
she should not have a red ( golden ) feathers on her body.
saying all that she still pretty girl with a great type nice and long .

chooks man

He had a splint on his right leg. It was either broken, or somehow trying to twist outward and hang back. I left the band on his ankles to keep the right leg from sliding back. Three days ago, his left foot was starting to curl. One toe was curled under his foot, another curved back. My vet thinks he may have a bone disorder. Otherwise very healthy and friendly. He was vaccinated, and eats medicated feed. He's quiet and sweet, and very patient to let me fiddle with his legs. The shoe he's wearing aligns his toes to grow in proper placement. We are doing what we can to help him. He is my daughter's pet.

Back
Top Bottom