Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I've not heard of it. Is it in french, or english?

It's an English Language movie based on the French comic book series, with Luc Besson at the helm. :) I'd almost guarantee it'll be translated to French, and based on the general snubbing it's getting in the states, I'd bet it does better in the French box office. I'm not sure when the worldwide opening is, it opened in the US this weekend just past.

Thanks Sour, expected to see it today but, my brother has been out of state, so maybe next weekend. My brother and I don't hear that well either but, I still want to see it.

Wow we don't have any $ 1. picture shows. Though my usual AMC has lowered the price a little for the morning shows (just over $ 5.)

My sister says she has them in NM, but she gets fussy even tho they are just $ 1. I'd probably go all the time - at least they have air conditioning, Worth a dollar right there.

Did you note the fact that this was a true story adapted from a screen play, and that the male lead was the actual man involved ?
Yes, I knew that from when I looked up about the movie when they sent through the email about the special screening. It's part of why I thought it such a good movie. I knew the story, but it was still suspenseful, even though I knew how it would all turn out in the end.

Got to go to an advance screening of "Atomic Blonde" last night unexpectedly (got tix froma friend).

Overall I'd give it a thumb's up. it's kind of what I'd expect a Bond flick to be if they were rated R. The vibe is more Jason Bourne than James Bond, but if you're into spy thrillers, you'll probably enjoy this.

Back
Top Bottom