Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

It's the perfect egg. I wish I had several more ducks so I could leave store bought chicken eggs behind forever. Lol. I'm setting eggs tomorrow so this shouldbe the case some day. Haha
Sounds like you may just be able to do that, keep us updated on your hatch. What breed?

Two more this morning. My girls are laying machines.
My gals lay around noon, so I'm late collecting today. It's so cold here I'm pretty sure they will be frozen solid when I go get them out of the next boxes...
barnie.gif

Y'all are makin' me SO jealous. No eggs yet. No mating. Your eggs all look so beautiful! I am hoarding my last dozen for my chicken egg allergic son.
1f603.png

Of course, even if they did lay they'd be egg-cicles by morning...-25 with wind chill. Brrrr

Last edited:
Y'all are makin' me SO jealous. No eggs yet. No mating. Your eggs all look so beautiful! I am hoarding my last dozen for my chicken egg allergic son.
1f603.png

Of course, even if they did lay they'd be egg-cicles by morning...-25 with wind chill. Brrrr

That's just too cold. Brrrr.

Just a word of caution. Always take your egg basket out with you to gather eggs. Just because the temp dropped from 80 degrees to 12 degrees and you want to get in and out fast don't think you can successfully stuff 10 freshly laid duck eggs into your coat pockets then squat down to pick something up. Fortunately the coat is washable. Saddly 6 out of 10 eggs are a scrambled mess in my coat pockets.
barnie.gif

Just a word of caution. Always take your egg basket out with you to gather eggs. Just because the temp dropped from 80 degrees to 12 degrees and you want to get in and out fast don't think you can successfully stuff 10 freshly laid duck eggs into your coat pockets then squat down to pick something up. Fortunately the coat is washable. Saddly 6 out of 10 eggs are a scrambled mess in my coat pockets.
barnie.gif
Been there done that. Now I keep my basket hanging in the house with the nests so it's right there for me to use. What an awful mess and waste.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom