d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

My 10 year old hen, Mina, just laid an egg for the first time in two years. I almost didn't believe what I was seeing when I found her standing over an egg, but it's hers because she is in a pen with only her 11 year old sire and a 14 year old Easter Egger who hasn't laid an egg in probably three years now. I don't even keep oyster shell in that pen anymore because I thought they were done. Her mother, Aimee, passed away not long ago. Aimee and Mina were always my best layers in that breed group.
DSC07617.JPG

I love those birds! I have one left. She is 7 now, maybe 8…her na,e is cricket. I got from Aubrey and can’t remember at the moment name of their business….mute point anyway since they r no longer in the business from what I’ve heard…

Yeah I know about Aubrey going out of business. My 11 yr old rooster is named Aubrey after him. It was Boggy Bottom Bantams. I was so shocked to see Mina standing over an egg today. She seems completely fine, energetic as ever, but I've been expecting Aubrey to kick the bucket for three years now. He has issues with his heart, I think, gets stressed and turns almost black. But, he keeps on keeping on, silly old man.

Yeah I know about Aubrey going out of business. My 11 yr old rooster is named Aubrey after him. It was Boggy Bottom Bantams. I was so shocked to see Mina standing over an egg today. She seems completely fine, energetic as ever, but I've been expecting Aubrey to kick the bucket for three years now. He has issues with his heart, I think, gets stressed and turns almost black. But, he keeps on keeping on, silly old man.
I have a 2 birds like that. I swear every morning I expect to see one of them on coop floor but nope! Keeps on going. Which is good!

Why did they get out of the business?

They had fantastic birds.

I just hatched two little self blue d’Anvers and they are just the teeniest cutest little things! I’m hoping to get some more hatching eggs early next week from a sort of local person that has show quality birds. So cute! 😍

Attachments

• 11FAD7C0-230C-4CF2-899E-C4B3DD4A559F.jpeg
    11FAD7C0-230C-4CF2-899E-C4B3DD4A559F.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 2
Found my 11 year old porcelain rooster, Aubrey, dead on the floor this morning. He was still warm, bless his old heart. His daughter, Mina, and my 14 yr old EE hen that lives with them, were in shock. Poor things. He was so handsome, but I'd been expecting him to be gone for a long time now. Here he was in his prime at almost a year old. I'll miss that one even though he was dumb as a box of rocks.
DSCN4460.jpg

Found my 11 year old porcelain rooster, Aubrey, dead on the floor this morning. He was still warm, bless his old heart. His daughter, Mina, and my 14 yr old EE hen that lives with them, were in shock. Poor things. He was so handsome, but I'd been expecting him to be gone for a long time now. Here he was in his prime at almost a year old. I'll miss that one even though he was dumb as a box of rocks. View attachment 3091665
:hugs

Amd wow was he a looker!!!!

That is also a fantastic color!

Back
Top Bottom