d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Hello not sure but I baught this chick from someone and I think it's a quail belgian danver but not sure please tell me! the all gold is the one I'm suspecting!
Screenshot_20210612-194355_Instagram.jpg

Hard to tell from that photo. Could be.
My Aimee is slowing down at 10 1/2 yrs old. Last time I picked her up, I noticed she was very thin so she may be on her way out. That will be a big loss for me. She's always been Ms. Energizer Bunny, beautiful tail, my best D'Anver layer and multiple time broody mom. She and porcelain rooster, Aubrey, are my only remaining originals and Mina, their daughter is approaching 10 yrs old herself. Soon, no more speckled chicken nuggets here, sigh.

Hard to tell from that photo. Could be.
My Aimee is slowing down at 10 1/2 yrs old. Last time I picked her up, I noticed she was very thin so she may be on her way out. That will be a big loss for me. She's always been Ms. Energizer Bunny, beautiful tail, my best D'Anver layer and multiple time broody mom. She and porcelain rooster, Aubrey, are my only remaining originals and Mina, their daughter is approaching 10 yrs old herself. Soon, no more speckled chicken nuggets here, sigh.
Do you not want to get chicks?

Do you not want to get chicks?
I meant no more Belgian D'Anvers, sorry for the confusion. I have a new mixed 15 week old flock now, but they will be our last one. I'm letting all the others die off- because of my husband's health issues, it's just too hard to keep separate groups now.

I've been laid up in bed with a broken leg/surgery for a month now. I've been afraid my old hens would die before I could see them again. My husband just came into the bedroom carrying my almost 11 year old Belgian D'Anver hen, Aimee. She is non responsive, may have had a stroke or similar neurological event. Aimee is dying. I did hold her and talk to her for awhile, told her goodbye. She was always the most perky, feisty little hen, raised a lot of chicks in her day, but it's her time to go now. She has lived a long life. Her rooster, Aubrey, who is the same age, is losing his last original hen he hatched with; only their daughter, Mina, is left now, and my almost 14 yr old EE hen, June lives with them after outliving all her pen-mates. I would post a picture of Aimee, but I don't have any on this laptop I'm currently using.

I've been laid up in bed with a broken leg/surgery for a month now. I've been afraid my old hens would die before I could see them again. My husband just came into the bedroom carrying my almost 11 year old Belgian D'Anver hen, Aimee. She is non responsive, may have had a stroke or similar neurological event. Aimee is dying. I did hold her and talk to her for awhile, told her goodbye. She was always the most perky, feisty little hen, raised a lot of chicks in her day, but it's her time to go now. She has lived a long life. Her rooster, Aubrey, who is the same age, is losing his last original hen he hatched with; only their daughter, Mina, is left now, and my almost 14 yr old EE hen, June lives with them after outliving all her pen-mates. I would post a picture of Aimee, but I don't have any on this laptop I'm currently using.
:hugs
So sorry for your loss.

She had a great long life with you

Back
Top Bottom