Day 27 egg discoloration

We're on day 25 with internal pips and mine are under a duck. I am a nervous Nellie too.
Since yours has an external pip best thing to do now is sit on your hands. lol
Thanks, I forgot how nerve racking hatching duckling is! I prefer hatching chickens for a friend where I have no stake in the outcome.

It’s been 3 yrs for me and I forgot how nerve wracking it is. I understand how nervous you must be since you’ve already lost some, I sure hope these hatch fine for you. I’ve always wanted hookbills
Thank you, me too. The lady I got the eggs from was so nice. My biggest fear is only getting one to hatch and having to find it a friend.

Thank you, me too. The lady I got the eggs from was so nice. My biggest fear is only getting one to hatch and having to find it a friend.
If you only end up with one just be sure to put a mirror and stuffed animal in with it and it will do fine. I had to do that for one of my ducklings and when it was old enough to move outside into a look but don't touch pen with the other ducks it knew it was a duck and the transition to be with them went really well.

He ran out of air is my guess
Internal to long with no external
That happened to one of my baby quail a few weeks ago :( I candled it and saw that he was struggling, but I sat on my hands. When I finally decided to take action the poor baby was already dead. I know it was just one, but I still felt really really bad.

Back
Top Bottom