deaths door peacock

She will not stand still long enough, but the difference in me weight holding her and not holding her is at 6.5/7. I just have an older stand on scale but plan on getting a better one real soon.

Last edited:
I noticed something different today, I had been worming my female late in the afternoon so I never noticed her mouth and tongue are dark blackish looking, my male that died, his were solid white, everything in his mouth was white. That's made me wonder if there mouths and gums are tail tell signs like in dogs with white gums almost certainly have bad worms too or if it means something totally different.

Last edited:
I noticed something different today, I had been worming my female late in the afternoon so I never noticed her mouth and tongue are dark blackish looking, my male that died, his were solid white, everything in his mouth was white. That's made me wonder if there mouths and gums are tail tell signs like in dogs with white gums almost certainly have bad worms too or if it means something totally different.
While pale can be a sign of illness, some peafowl have dark mouths, others have lighter mouths. I'll take some pictures the next time I catch some.

-Kathy

Shes been being fine. last night she was doing good. This morning she seemed slightly off balance. She's laid two eggs in the last 4 days, one four days ago, one two days ago. I wormed her last week and about to start the second round dose.

Shes been being fine. last night she was doing good. This morning she seemed slightly off balance. She's laid two eggs in the last 4 days, one four days ago, one two days ago. I wormed her last week and about to start the second round dose.

She was probably not 100% healthy when you received her and producing and laying eggs is taxing on their systems. Try to increase her protein if you can. I would suggest 28% turkey crumbles for awhile.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

My 2 yearold daughter threw her some high protein dog food while we were making the feed rounds, and she seemed to like it, but I wasn't sure if that would be good or not to give give her some of that to.

It'll be Monday before I can get up to the feed store, and she just laid another egg tonight. She's dug her a small nest hole which she was laying in when we went to check and while we were standing there she laid an egg.

Back
Top Bottom