December Hatch-A-Long 2014

Adding hot water is key to keep the temp stable and humidity high.  

I also found that sitting in the house during lockdown is probably the worst idea!  LOL  Mine are set to pip on Friday so I'll be at work all week and not have to look at the eggs.  Then I go shopping or do something else AWAY from the eggs so I'm not tempted to mess with them.  It seems like my eggs like to hatch overnight, which is perfect.  I have cute little surprises when I get up in the morning.  

Just like Christmas morning!!!
I wish I could relax too! Each hatch I become less and less of a helicopter Momma!

I can't wait to try and hatch with a broody. Has to be better than what I have been doing! Lol
Hatching with broody is a "piece of cake". LOL. Having set 33 broodies this season All I do is set them---2/3 days layer I move them to a private hatching pen---they hatch and I keep them fed and watered. I Call Them Solar Powered------don't have to plug them in---LOL.

Debsun..... Any luck on your pip?
Was that for me? Chick is still pipped..I removed a small piece of membrane because it seemed to be struggling and it had been 12 hours and then put it back in the incubator. Its moving and working on its hole. I also have another that pipped this evening. so we will see if I have any chicks in the morning :) tomorrow afternoon starts day 21

Was that for me? Chick is still pipped..I removed a small piece of membrane because it seemed to be struggling and it had been 12 hours and then put it back in the incubator. Its moving and working on its hole. I also have another that pipped this evening. so we will see if I have any chicks in the morning :) tomorrow afternoon starts day 21

Hopefully they will all be running around your incubator! :) I am still hoping for some late comers...but, I am going to sleep bc I go into lockdown tomorrow on my rhodebars in the brinsea Eco...first hatch!
Let us know how everything goes!

Hopefully they will all be running around your incubator!
smile.png
I am still hoping for some late comers...but, I am going to sleep bc I go into lockdown tomorrow on my rhodebars in the brinsea Eco...first hatch!
Let us know how everything goes!
oh yay thats exciting! after seeing all of my disappointment with incubator #1 my dad ordered me a new bator. fits 48 eggs and is all digital so I'm excited for it to get here so I can test it out :)

Okay I did what I said I wouldn't do, I just couldn't stand it anymore. That is waiting for day 10 to candle. It is day 6, I pulled 3 eggs from bator #1 and candled. Each egg is from a different source. Two of the eggs are a dark brown and I couldn't see anything yet, but one was a light colored egg and it had a living embryo started ~ Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom