December Hatch-A-Long 2014

I personally would let them go a few more days...nothing to lose as long as I they aren't stinky. Maybe low incubation temps?

How are your silkies coming along?
Im not sure if it was the temps or not. I calibrated my thermostat before incubation so who knows. They don't stink so I was planning on letting them go until friday. I was really hoping I would see some movement tonight.

Lockdown for the silkies was yesterday and hatch day is Thursday :) I have 3 splash and 6 sizzle left in the incubator plus 4 marans eggs and 2 of my own silkie eggs. I was really hoping I would have more splash left but who knows. I just hope I have more hatch this time! Humidity has been staying around 50 in that one. I just moved the humidifier over closer to it though so it will probably come up. The bulb actually blew in that incubator today but thankfully it happened while I was home and I noticed right away and got it changed. I tried to set all the eggs back just like they were but Im sure I didn't get them all right

Im not sure if it was the temps or not. I calibrated my thermostat before incubation so who knows. They don't stink so I was planning on letting them go until friday. I was really hoping I would see some movement tonight.

Lockdown for the silkies was yesterday and hatch day is Thursday :) I have 3 splash and 6 sizzle left in the incubator plus 4 marans eggs and 2 of my own silkie eggs. I was really hoping I would have more splash left but who knows. I just hope I have more hatch this time! Humidity has been staying around 50 in that one. I just moved the humidifier over closer to it though so it will probably come up. The bulb actually blew in that incubator today but thankfully it happened while I was home and I noticed right away and got it changed. I tried to set all the eggs back just like they were but Im sure I didn't get them all right

I wonder if your sizzles will go on day 20 like mine. I did ask Vicki about them and she said she's had hatches from 19-25 days so she told me to leave them in there longer than I would think to. So, I will!

Glad that bulb blew when you were home...lucky for you & your chicks!

I am at a complete standstill. Had one hatch day 20 & two day 21 and one pip day 20 and he is stuck...no other eggs are doing anything. 8 left and I am at day 21 7th hour. I am trying to sit on my hands to not open the incubator and save the one that pipped 30 hours ago. May be too late...
sad.png

Frustrated...
None of the other eggs have pipped? It is still early enough for them. I had seven hatch on day 21 and six more on day 23. I wouldn't give up on them yet!

I wonder if your sizzles will go on day 20 like mine. I did ask Vicki about them and she said she's had hatches from 19-25 days so she told me to leave them in there longer than I would think to. So, I will!

Glad that bulb blew when you were home...lucky for you & your chicks!
I had one pipped this morning before I left the house!

Back
Top Bottom