December Hatch-A-Long!

I'm attempting a stagger hatch. But when the chickens move to lockdown, the turkeys and ducks will be moved to another incubator. I didnt think to have that one warm, and I haven't tested it yet so none of my precious babies for it.

That's gonna be cool.
thumbsup.gif
I look forward to hearing your updates!

One just made it out while I went for a quick drive!

It's just laying on its belly now, it has knocked all the eggs around so it must have been up and about but I'm worried!

My old hen: Lady Brahma gave me an egg, it internally pip'd yesterday morning-put it lockdown! Just came home to this surprise! Sure has big eyes.

Last edited:
2nd one is out, a Barnevelder. It has a piece of shell following it as a fine piece of membrane is stuck to its backside, hopefully it drops off soon. Can that be normal?

The membrane broke and it's free. Seems posting here is good luck, as soon as I do the chick does something to show it's fine

Last edited:
Day 20 and all is quiet. There's no sign of anything happening. The four I hatched last month came early (all pipped on 19 and hatched on 20) so naturally I'm anxious for this to get going!

celebrate.gif
Congratulations hodor and chonsey!!!! Such cute chickies!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
The pics are great. It's nice to see what they look like.

hodor, did the membrane let go?

Day 20 and all is quiet. There's no sign of anything happening. The four I hatched last month came early (all pipped on 19 and hatched on 20) so naturally I'm anxious for this to get going!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have some photos to show before too long

Back
Top Bottom