destruction and disposal orders HELP

passed without another outbreak-- my thinking is a full year (for temp 'activated' viruses) + 1 month for seasonal discrepancies...FALSE positives -- what a scary concept....but i wonder if there are false negatives as well??

Just to clarify and not scare you for the wrong reason, I read and have heard that Waterfowl may test False Positive for Pullorum , they don't get it... may....may be a carrier ? they aren't sure... or they can't pass it... same with some bird flu strains... geese don't pass it on. That is why NPIP ,is often ignored for waterfowl people, the testing was to protect the Commercial Poultry Industry.

John
I cannot find the words to express my happiness, relief, and excitement that you got your flock back. You look at the government and think, wow, people can be monsters. Than you look at the sort of people on this thread and you realize that they can also be angels. Your flock is beautiful.
Best of wishes
LeafBalde

and thank you for being there
hugs.gif
I am thinking we should all get back together come fall-ish wet weather & see if this disease is not going to come back.
It has been scarey dry here, so scarey dry that there is so many fires burning out of control I cannot even count them all....dryness is said to kill the virus and that the virus can live indifinitly
in ice, and forever in water...............so we'll see what happens this fall & winter.
Hang in there poultry lovers !

fl.gif
Pray that THAT was the end of IT
fl.gif

We live across the street from a salt marsh, part of the river overflow (swamp) system the state of Washington has allocated to forever be undeveloped as a part of the wetland system.
So, it is a big place for water fowl, in migration and breeding.
Hoping the water fowl do not carry this, and it never recurs !

As for future selling...I intend to stick with NPIP, and start selling eggs again this early spring...I am still not sure selling chicks is a good idea & would love to hear what the rest of you think about that ?

Of course it depends on IF there is any more evidence of AI in the states.

Guess who's back.
:)
I was just gonna see how everyones chickens have been doing...and yourselves of course.

So far, here in Washington, we have had no issues except a week ago an incident with ILT.
Hopefully, no more AI...
On another note, who has heard anything about the vaccine for AI ?

I am wondering if it is available to "hobby" farmers or just large scale operations...anyone know ?
And if the vaccine is OK, no side effects for layers ?

frow.gif
https://youtu.be/ZL204DMKICg (quick video)

i just to thank everybody once again for ALL of your support -- my Christmas would have been a hauntingly quiet one without your efforts --- this wouldn't have had the outcome that it did, without you
bow.gif

birds are all fine and i plan on becoming npip in jan/feb with routine AI tests as well...

if i can ever help any of you with info, etc., please don't hesitate to call me 631-210-4127.... i rarely answer, but feel free to leave a message if i don't..

i wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hannukah, a Blessed Kwanza, and a Happy New Year!

warmest regards, john and the flock
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom