destruction and disposal orders HELP

You really have a good outlook - and I also admire your honesty and integrity.

Some of these ideas brought up though do show 'holes' in biosecurity. I have seen that the flock disposers in the Georgia video appeared to be wearing boot covers etc. --

It concerns me that for annual P/T testing (the same tests given for NPIP in most states) - the tester has been to multiple sites locally that day - and will leave here and go to other sites....and when the man from the state comes to verify my head-count for my state seller license...I suspect he also has been to other flocks that day.

Are those little booties (That fit over shoes) effective?-- does anyone reading this have people walk through a bleach bath? How do you do it? how often do you 'refresh' it? - and how to keep their vehicle as far as possible from the area with chickens in. I guess they would comply if we had it set up --- Anyone have a set of procedures in place? And I guess all those are the norms at big chicken operations and they are still infected -- so does it come back to wild birds?
thank you
i believe (not 100% on this) that WE can test our own birds (simple dna testing will show if we lie) for pollurum ... it may take two people to do, but hopefully most of can find someone....as i near the 4th, i will be looking into this with GREAT INTEREST... what will be really nice is if we could run the bloodwork ourselves in ADDITION to their tests(everyone feels a little better about it... it really can't be that difficult... in my early 20's, i worked at a vet's office for a few months (had to leave, they had LITTLE MORALS), and i was reading blood and fecal samples within hours simple s#@T (PUN intended).....

working with koi over the years, i routinely ran slime coat samples in search of parasites (for the most part, they're either there or they're not)...

and while i hate to do it, bleach footbaths (i don't know how yet) will become routine here as well...(which sucks because i know the looks i'm about to start receiving...)

my point being with a cheap microscope and test strips (etc).. we could become our own best ally...

wild birds will ALWAYS be there... and they're an easy scapegoat for anyone who doesn't WANT to do things right...in the last few months before i left LI, one of the more affluent neighborhoods had 40+ healthy swans put down because they were a 'nuisance' leaving a single pair to repopulate... wanna talk politics?? i wonder who knew who w/ that one... (on my last trip up there i saw a pond of swans (8+) knowing there were eggs in nests and i was SOOOOOOOO tempted to save what eggs i could, but i didn't fearing legal retribution --- i really wish i would've grabbed some

i'm drifting again lol...

np, i'm a slow reader and typer and often get lost following links when i try to find particulars in a thread that caught my eye...also a little paranoid, so i get it lol   .... ummm, not sure if i wanna know , but what does ICS stand for?   

if i miss any questions, my ph's on page 1

Paranoid?
If wearing a tin foil hat to keep the aliens and government from scanning my thoughts, while i set up a stake out behind my couch to catch the little people, that live in the airducts and tastes like gummy bears, change my thermostat is paranoid...then, maybe a little. But those little guys talk about there self more than Tyra Banks when she has a guest.
1f631.png

~[Incident Command System (ICS): A standardized on-scene emergency management construct specifically designed to provide for the adoption of an integrated organizational structure that reflects the complexity and demands of single or multiple incidents, without being hindered by jurisdictional boundaries. ICS is the combination of facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures, and communications operating within a common organizational structure, designed to aid in the management of resources during incidents. It is used for all kinds of emergencies and is applicable to small as well as large and complex incidents. ICS is used by various jurisdictions and functional agencies, both public and private, to organize field-level incident management operations.]~https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/glossary.htm

They could just be planning the next natural disaster :p

No matter, Johnskoi, about drifting. You are probably emotionally shredded at this point. I think we all agree that fairness is the key. Not assuming . Fair is to test or quarantine to test further. Chickens are lives. Chickens are pets. The laws should not be that chickens are not worthy of being fairly treated. They are worthy. Thankyou for getting us involved.
highfive.gif

Quote: Like you already! I may be going way far back but there's always a reason to be paranoid when you're dealing with the "Peter Principle". NPIP is a good thing, I think some do voluntarily. But those who have the job of enforcing, should actually know what they're doing. It's fortunate/unfortunate that BYC members end up being the most educated of any thing involving chickens.

no need for forgiveness but is that a cig or a joint? :lau    teasing  .... i ordered two sets of eggs from them delivered on 2 sep dates may 28? and june 6 --- i don't know the date of their diagnosis..but they showed up BECAUSE she had records showing the sale  --- which i'm grateful for(beleive it or not) ... while i feel the eggs really didn't pose a threat (and they tested negative), there is always a possibility that test is wrong.... this whole ordeal may have actually SAVED my flock:confused:

Whats a joint?

1f44c.png
1f440.png
270c.png

1f444.png
1f4a8.png

That is an ordeal i hope to avoid. I guess it'll be a while before i order any eggs or chics. Lol.
Im not able to watch your youtube vid bc my wifi is pretending to be dial up.
;)
I was going to get Rhode Island Reds, i need a rooster for my hens. And a xouple Barred Rock hens for my one BR rooster.

This same thing happened again today with a guy that posts on Peafowl, Pheasants, Guinea Fowls & Quails Buy,Sell & General Chat. A FB page, look for a post by David Stauch, what a sad situation, they killed all his birds and he said that there are two more people that are on the list for tomorrow.

This same thing happened again today with a guy that posts on Peafowl, Pheasants, Guinea Fowls & Quails Buy,Sell & General Chat. A FB page, look for a post by David Stauch, what a sad situation, they killed all his birds and he said that there are two more people that are on the list for tomorrow.

His bird's trsted negative? ?

G’Day John

Thank you for the most recent video; I so enjoy listening and watching you interact with your flock of “babies”. Your geese are adorable!

Hang it there, you are doing so well. Nil Desperandum Ilegitimi Carborundum

These feathered babies of ours have a way of bringing out the sensitive side in people. If I told hubby 3 years ago that one day he would be referred to as “Dad” when I was talking to a chicken I am sure he would have had me committed. But not only is he “Dad” he also has his own favourite chicken, often referred to by me as “your chicken” when she is misbehaving
wink.png

Tee hee MCHLMRTN I like you already also
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom