Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Oh! And do you know what type of color he is? I want to know what he will look like when he grows up, I'm planning on showing him for ribbons already

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 23
Oh! And do you know what type of color he is? I want to know what he will look like when he grows up, I'm planning on showing him for ribbons already
Not a showable bird. He's pretty, but doesn't meet the breed standard for either Ameraucana or Araucana. Genetically, he's got a Blue dilute gene, Dark Brown pattern restrictor, and Melanotic. He's silver base color, but also has a gene for red/gold with that leakage.

20170717_152723.jpg
IMG_20170424_142917.jpg
So this gal was supposed to be an EE, which some hatcheries describe as producing a variety of colors, but she produced a lovely olive egg today - her 1st! So she's an EO, I guess. Makes me wonder what the other two EEs will drop. And what the EE Roo will produce with the gals.

Attachments

• 20170717_152723.jpg
    20170717_152723.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
View attachment 1080398 View attachment 1080396 So this gal was supposed to be an EE, which some hatcheries describe as producing a variety of colors, but she produced a lovely olive egg today - her 1st! So she's an EO, I guess. Makes me wonder what the other two EEs will drop. And what the EE Roo will produce with gals.
Easter Eggers can produce olive eggs. Olive Eggers are selectively bred to increase the odds of dark green eggs.

Thanks guys, she is a pretty girl.

The EE Roo has a pea comb so he is likely to carry a Blue Egg gene. She also has a blue egg gene (and her brown is dark enough to make her eggs olive), so if correct chicks from those two should yield roughly 50% blue, the rest green or brown, depending on the roo (OO or Oo, and with or without brown genetics)?

Do I Have that right?

Well... she could be Oo, or OO.

If she is OO, then it doesn't matter what the roo is, all chicks will (if female) lay eggs with blue (depending on the amount of brown, the eggs would be blue, green, or olive...but all would have blue).

That roo could be oo. No way to know until you breed.

Back
Top Bottom