Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
I wish i could help you out..
jumpy.gif

as of Right now we got over 20+ LF lavender Araucana that need to be grouped up for the final stages in this project..but i need room, room, room..to many projects going at once.. however should be breath taking till its all said and done..
droolin.gif

that's ok, I'll just be a bit behind ya.... I think I have a lav split hen, just gotta pen them together and hatch some to confirm.....was so crazy last year I lost track
wink.png

klf73 we should have some 100% lavender araucana eggs available soon.. should get some nice offspring to hatch from them. just gotta get the pens organized.

Can you post a pic of your triple tufted roo. does he have any silver coming out on his plumage??

Last edited:
I just ordered 10 "Easter Egg Chickens (Ameraucana)" pullets from Cackle Hatcher. I am going to assume that I am getting Easter Eggers...would this be a good assumption to make? lol. I am adding them to my flock of STD Cochins. I have Cochin Roos...would this mix be okay? Are my Roos going to be too big for them? I am pretty new to this...I started last June with 21 Blue/Splash/Black STD Cochins. Sadly I am down to 1 Black, 1 Splash, and 1 Blue roo and 7 blue/black hens. I decided I wanted a breed that lays a little more often, and I really liked the look of the beards on theses guys
smile.png
I also ordered 10 Light Brahma pullets...Anyway, am I doing something completely stupid here? Or will these guys be okay to add to my flock?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes. Any time you order "Ameraucanas" from a hatchery, you are getting easter eggers.

Never, EVER intigrate birds that aren't the same size. If you do integrate birds that are smaller than the existing flock, they will be picked on, and in my experience, many will be terrorized and will suffer a horrible death by cannibalism.

Also, a helpful tip; don't integrate a small amount of new birds into a large flock. The larger group of newbies, the more overwhelmed the existing flock will be and the smaller the chances of picking (but remember, you cannot avoid picking all together, it's a natural part of integrating new birds).

Forgot to add, congrats on ordering your new girls!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes. Any time you order "Ameraucanas" from a hatchery, you are getting easter eggers.

Never, EVER intigrate birds that aren't the same size. If you do integrate birds that are smaller than the existing flock, they will be picked on, and in my experience, many will be terrorized and will suffer a horrible death by cannibalism.

Also, a helpful tip; don't integrate a small amount of new birds into a large flock. The larger group of newbies, the more overwhelmed the existing flock will be and the smaller the chances of picking (but remember, you cannot avoid picking all together, it's a natural part of integrating new birds).

smile.png

Oh my...did I mess up here? I did order 20 chicks, so that is double what I have now...I wasn't planning on putting them together for a long time... Will the EE and Brahma ever get big enough to mingle with my Cochins? I feel terrible now
sad.png
I can always sell them after I get them, if necessary... I guess a second chicken coop/pen is in order...Hubby is going to LOVE me for this...

Quote:

smile.png

Oh my...did I mess up here? I did order 20 chicks, so that is double what I have now...I wasn't planning on putting them together for a long time... Will the EE and Brahma ever get big enough to mingle with my Cochins? I feel terrible now
sad.png
I can always sell them after I get them, if necessary... I guess a second chicken coop/pen is in order...Hubby is going to LOVE me for this...

I think your chickens breeds will be fine, Chickenwhisper was just saying that don't integrate them too soon, it will cause problems, but that's with any breed of chickens.

Cochins, Brahmas and Easter Eggers sound like a beautiful flock to me, enjoy your chicks.

Quote:
sad.png

I think your chickens breeds will be fine, Chickenwhisper was just saying that don't integrate them too soon, it will cause problems, but that's with any breed of chickens.

Cochins, Brahmas and Easter Eggers sound like a beautiful flock to me, enjoy your chicks.

Oh thank you so much! I was starting to panic, lol.

Quote:
Exactly. Don't integrate them untill the chicks are 7-8 months old - at the very earliest, 6 months, but as food aggressive as my previous cochins were I would wait until about 8 months.

Edited to add that the chicks will get big enough as adults to be in with cochins. In fact, the brahmas will be bigger (or should be) than the cochins, and I think the EEs will be fine.

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, that makes sense...I wasn't planning on putting them together till they were bigger (although, I wasn't thinking 7-8 months:() I may end up having to build another pen for them...Thanks for the help guys
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom