Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Quote:
Okay, that makes sense...I wasn't planning on putting them together till they were bigger (although, I wasn't thinking 7-8 months:() I may end up having to build another pen for them...Thanks for the help guys
smile.png

You're welcome. Good luck, and may your chicks be happy and healthy
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh, I don't think that will be a problem...Cackle seems to be pretty good
big_smile.png
I ordered 20 chicks last year...they sent me 21 and I didn't lose ANY due to anything that would have been caused by the hatchery
smile.png

Just thought I'd post some pics of our EE Aerin!
Here she is as a baby

here she is a bit older

And a couple just today!

I think she is rather cute at the moment!

Here is one of my little 17 week girls. I can't really tell what kind of comb she has. It's so tiny. Does this mean that it is probably a pea comb? I hope so! Thanks
50621_img_2059.jpg

I haven't really seen any pictures in here so far that look exactly like the EE's I have. However, I realize their feathers will liekly change as they molt and become mature.

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

They both have noticeable facial tufts, but they came on fairly recently. You wouldn't have probably been able to tell 3 weeks ago that the were going to get any facial feathers different from the others.
I've heard many comments about them being cockerels, but at about 9-10 weeks, and with what their combs still look like (which is still rosy pink, not red at all really, and quite flat) I'm not so sure they aren't pullets.

Last edited:
Quote:
Those both appear to be cockerels to me in my experience with EE's those colors usually indicate males. Also the combs are a bit to pink for 9-10 week old EE and Ameraucana hens combs stay flat and immature for a long time.

Quote:
Those both appear to be cockerels to me in my experience with EE's those colors usually indicate males. Also the combs are a bit to pink for 9-10 week old EE and Ameraucana hens combs stay flat and immature for a long time.

I hope you're wrong, but you'd know better than I would!
big_smile.png

I'll keep tabs on them and maybe post them back up a little bit further down the road and see what any changes may be.

Quote:
I agree...... The first one is very much a cockerel from what I can tell. That color is almost always indicative of male EEs - pretty common actually. Females do come along as salt and pepper / black and white, but they have more black than the males, with males seeming to follow a pattern of more white (with almost columbian markings).

As for the second one, the red EE coloring isn't too common. He/she may stay that way, or change into more of the "wild type" color. But from the comb, it also makes me lean towards it being a boy.

EE's/AMs are harder to sex earlier than other breeds, from what I've seen and been told.

You have some cut little babies!

Back
Top Bottom