Dixie Rainbows Thread

Hi everyone. I never even heard of Dixie Rainbows. Anyway, I got some from tsc about two days ago and got these out of the assorted pullets bin. I posted these pics on another thread and someone told me they look like Dixie Rainbows. Do you think that is what they are? They have feathers on their legs too.

The dixies don't have feathers on their legs, and look a little different - I'll dig out some baby pics. As for food conversion, they have been extremely efficient and are excellent foragers too!

First time in years and years having chickens. Went to TSC and got a few of the asstd. pullets. They had these Dixie Rainbows straight run so grabbed 4. Growing crazy fast and loudest of the lot.

We also grabbed a Dixie from TSC this year but now I'm confused. Everyone is talking about how big they are and how fast they grow but the one I have is tiny. It's in with BSL's and some New Hampshire chicks and is by far the smallest chick of the bunch. They are all within a day or two in age.

Here's my Dixie at just over 1 week.

Here it is at 1 or 2 days oldold.

We picked out 2 Dixie's along with 2 barred rocks and 2 golden comets. I was out of town for work a few days and came back last night and was amazed how much bigger all the chicks got! The dixies are a little more hefty looking than the others and they're almost 2 weeks old now. I'll try to get up some pics of the Dixie's later.

Back
Top Bottom