DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

First time I had an incubator accident in the new bator! I was trying to pull an egg from the back and dropped it on the lower level as I got it out and smooshed a few eggs, thank goodness only on day 7. I am getting too used to it and not very careful if I had the cash I would put an auto turner in it, but I have a feeling I wouldnt rotate eggs the way I should if I had one. Heck I hardly candle anymore, day 14 has been the norm this busy summer pull clears and rings, mark air cells and x the probable pip marks and put them into the lockdown cooler, and then I raise humidity day 18. My husband says I am nuts that sooner or later I will get an explosion not candling and HE IS NOT CLEANING IT AFTERWARDS, giggles no really???? ha ha ha. I can smell a stinker when I open, and that only happened once in this cooler. I hope he isnt right lol

thats unlucky @Sally Sunshine, touch wood, iv never had a egg explode, had a couple ones leak but otherwise ok,

we had a power outage yesterday for a few hours so iv added a extra pipe for warm air, n had to move a bulb appears it was touchin plastic n started to melt alittle:/:/:/

how often do you candle? sumtimes i forget n then relise they due a 4 days later n do lock down, n wait n see(kid at xmas really)

thats unlucky @Sally Sunshine , touch wood, iv never had a egg explode, had a couple ones leak but otherwise ok,

we had a power outage yesterday for a few hours so iv added a extra pipe for warm air, n had to move a bulb appears it was touchin plastic n started to melt alittle:/
hmm.png
hmm.png

how often do you candle? sumtimes i forget n then relise they due a 4 days later n do lock down, n wait n see(kid at xmas really)
I should candle at least day 10 but like I said I sometimes dont and its day 14 so while I candle I mark air cells and probable pip areas and set them in the hatcher a while, less handling but again the probability of explosion is higher lol, but I have a good nose.

I use a microphone stand for my flashlight and it makes it much easier to do my switch to hatcher... I draw an ark at the lowest dip in the air cell, check for life, and x probable pip area so I can set that upright in hatcher.

mine is in a box, with 3 pipes comming away into the incubator, the fans push the air down the pipes as the air rises, i may invest in a fan to cycle the air around the heating box

but seems to be stable in there and seems to work, temp has only dropped to 37.0 when 2 bulbs failed

Last edited:
Is your fans tied to your thermostat as well? Does your fans go off and on with the lights or does your fans run all the time??
Thanks, Duane in VA.

Back
Top Bottom