Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

The fences are four and half feet, although my wife contends that she was more right than me. Technically I suppose she's right.

As to the neighbours, once again this morning I put the chickens out into the run, not ten minutes later the lady brought the dog out, it stood at the fence and watched the chickens whilst she stood about halfway down her yard and stared into ours. I went out with my tea, she collected the dog and went inside.

I will admit I haven't really tried to engage with them, it might just be coincidence and my imagination, but they seem to run from me and I'm not chasing them down. They both look to be in their 50's if you can't be reasonable about something by that age then there's no hope, as for photography, sprinklers and fence...

Ah as I said I'm disiclined currently too do anything, as far as I know they might just be extending their garage or putting in a new fence themselves. Their behaviours pesky... But not really hostile so...

Also unless it's to document something legitimate I feel like a creep photographing people's yards, even while they're doing the same to me.

The fences are four and half feet, although my wife contends that she was more right than me. Technically I suppose she's right.

As to the neighbours, once again this morning I put the chickens out into the run, not ten minutes later the lady brought the dog out, it stood at the fence and watched the chickens whilst she stood about halfway down her yard and stared into ours. I went out with my tea, she collected the dog and went inside.

I will admit I haven't really tried to engage with them, it might just be coincidence and my imagination, but they seem to run from me and I'm not chasing them down. They both look to be in their 50's if you can't be reasonable about something by that age then there's no hope, as for photography, sprinklers and fence...

Ah as I said I'm disiclined currently too do anything, as far as I know they might just be extending their garage or putting in a new fence themselves. Their behaviours pesky... But not really hostile so...

Also unless it's to document something legitimate I feel like a creep photographing people's yards, even while they're doing the same to me.
That is really weird, I would be very uncomfortable out in my backyard if I knew the neighbors were taking pictures. I'm very fortunate, large trees on one side, no neighbors behind or to the other side. Just the really nosey neighbor across the road.

That is really weird, I would be very uncomfortable out in my backyard if I knew the neighbors were taking pictures. I'm very fortunate, large trees on one side, no neighbors behind or to the other side. Just the really nosey neighbor across the road.

We're not keen on it either but you cannot see into our house from where they are, so they aren't photographing us, just the backyard which to be fair if they were photographing their fence for some reason would be impossible not to do.

On the other hand though I'd forgotten the thing with my sisters dog at Christmas so now I'm considering a game cam just in case.

We're not keen on it either but you cannot see into our house from where they are, so they aren't photographing us, just the backyard which to be fair if they were photographing their fence for some reason would be impossible not to do.

On the other hand though I'd forgotten the thing with my sisters dog at Christmas so now I'm considering a game cam just in case.
Good idea, but sad that you have to resort to that in your own yard.

Ah for anyone not in the know which would be everyone on here. My sister has a sweet old husky dog whom stayed with us for three days at Christmas. He's as lazy as, magpies eat his food out of his bowl while he lies three feet away disinclined to move, that's how lazy he is...

Anyway on the morning of the second day of his stay with us my wife when out to give him some leftover turkey scraps and found him sitting at the back fence watching our neighboyr over the back fence. The neighbour, his dog tucked under his arm was poking my sisters dog with a broom handle, we assumed with some desire to have him move away from the fence. I say assume because I never did get to talk to him about that. My partners called my sisters dog and our neighbour promptly toddled back inside.

As I've said before we regularly see them outside and I was planning on grabbing whichever one I saw next after that however either they went away after that or were hiding as by the time I did see them I'd long forgotten the incident.

Now I am anxious wondering what happened to your sister's dog. I didn't notice before you were from 'down under." I thought weird neighbors were a US affliction.

That crosses the line from being passive-aggressive about not liking your chickens and trying to stare them down into actual trespass or crulety or something. I think a cam is a wise investment.

Sorry about that, I did clarify above. He was fine at the time and still, he's one of those really good sturdy dogs whom isn't bothered by much, although looking back on it I was cursing and swearing things, the only reason I didn't go round was because it was actually Christmas Eve and my wife asked me not too.

I really don't know how I forgot that, even 7 months on, that's how angry I was.

Also bad neighbours happen all over and you never can tell which ones. Our neighbours to the left are young, in a band and have four kids... Do not have a bad thing to say about them or their kids, beyond that I seriously think he's running a chop shop, but that's not my problem.

LOL! You sound like me. I had a situation where I paid a landscaping company to kill my lawn and reseed with better grass. Long story short, they screwed up the reseeding so for a winter and early spring I had a dead lawn then lots of very tall weeds. Apparently some neighbors complained to the homeowners association and to my friends but no one came to me. I said to one of my friends that my neighbors could be running meth labs in their basements and I wouldn't care as long as it didn't affect me!

Back
Top Bottom