Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Another guy complains when his neighbors don't trim their trees and bushes "right". He's retired so I guess he has nothing better to do than be the self-appointed landscape police. I'm sure my dead lawn and weeds gave him fits which kind of pleases me.

Lucky for me I live on 20 acres now but a couple years ago I lived in a suburban house. I only had three chickens then. One of them hopped into my neighbours backyard (The coop was too close to the fence). I was about 10 and I could hear my neighbours laughing. I popped my head over the fence and saw their dog chasing my chook. He wasn't an aggressive dog, he was quite old but still! I went to jump over the fence but my hen managed to fly back up in a panic. I moved my run to other side of my backyard.

Lucky for me I live on 20 acres now but a couple years ago I lived in a suburban house. I only had three chickens then. One of them hopped into my neighbours backyard (The coop was too close to the fence). I was about 10 and I could hear my neighbours laughing. I popped my head over the fence and saw their dog chasing my chook. He wasn't an aggressive dog, he was quite old but still! I went to jump over the fence but my hen managed to fly back up in a panic. I moved my run to other side of my backyard.

Please tell me you ninja kicked him or her?

My neighbours are now traipsing round their yard with a flash light, it's raining, hard and about 10 degrees.

I'm starting to think they may just be oddballs.

I'd be keeping an eye on them and your chooks, they could be THOSE type of neighbors that would try something.

The chickens are still inside at night, I'm a mother hen and deem it too cold. All the coop is being build with padlocks so even when they are out the coop shouldn't be easily accessible.

That's good, you can never be too safe. I always worry, even where I live anyone could do anything. We get a lot of cats and dogs dumped in our area too. It be no surprise if animals start getting stolen. I'm actually putting up some cameras around my coops to keep an eye on the fox activity so If anything DID happen I could catch it.

That's good, you can never be too safe. I always worry, even where I live anyone could do anything. We get a lot of cats and dogs dumped in our area too. It be no surprise if animals start getting stolen. I'm actually putting up some cameras around my coops to keep an eye on the fox activity so If anything DID happen I could catch it.

They were out in their yard for over an hour, in the rain with torches.

That's a little weird right?

Back
Top Bottom