do they look ready to lay?

My most mature looking hen is staying in the nest box a bunch....she is Bok Bok Boking a bunch and seems antsy....she came out and ran back in.....she came out and acted as though its same ole thing as yesterday......I let them out to range and she stayed......when I realized she stayed, I encouraged them back in and they get another day of lockdown......I hate not letting them out as they do so well and stay fairly close. its almost 3 pm here .....getting late for an egg isnt it? Its good to know she wants to have it in the nest with the open gate to range.

Bam!....we have an egg! lol....I just knew they were mad enough to lay an egg. they are free ranging as I post this.was much later in the day than I thought.....4pm

any minute was correct.
thumbsup.gif

Yes it was....everyone in this post got one didnt they? The hen that layed id being very sweet today....normally she doesnt get real close to me while im watering or working....she was under my feet as to say "are you proud of me?" lol...i noticed the next mature looking one is acting about the same way......she is excited or ready I dont know. lol

Im real curious as to how the yolks look.....did anyone crack the new egg yet? My girls have been organic best to my ability....we buy organic foods for ourselves and the scaps go to them as well....they range a few hours a day I guess but its getting less and less as they get closer....just want them in the nest.

nice looking egg.....the three of us all have dibs on the first egg....lol I'll give it to my son in the morning with breakfast. I can hardly wait to crack it open and see how the yolk looks.

nice looking egg.....the three of us all have dibs on the first egg....lol I'll give it to my son in the morning with breakfast. I can hardly wait to crack it open and see how the yolk looks.

LOL - when I cooked the first egg three of us (me, DD and DS) all got one bite of it. After that we waited to accumulate a dozen so everyone could have a real serving

Back
Top Bottom