do they look ready to lay?

Got another one from my young red today but the rest are still silent. My black sex link( which was sold to me as a pair supposed to be two australorps but got 1 of each) is huge, she has to kick one out soon!

Looks like one of mine....they hold out to the bitter end I tell ya! I have just the one dropping eggs but two others are sure acting ready. Ive got an egg a day from the one laying except for one day....so, what three eggs? she is much quicker now too...like an ole pro. She will be out ranging and run to the nest and in 5 minutes she out ranging again.....its funny how the others are acting out with her....maybe thats it!!! they arent even ready, just helping her.

Mine are a mix and favor the Australorps look ....well, two are off with odd colors. mostly all black with the green,purple tints. I dont have one with the color on the neck like yours unless we compare to my rooster...he has that.

Na....he is my protector of eggs! he is a good guy. At first I didnt want a roo but last minute weakened and always liked crowing....so we got him and turns out to be a smart move...he saved my girls more than once.

My son wanted breakfast and I said we needed to wait a bit.......we waited and waited then he asked why we were waiting so late for breakfast and I said I don't know go ask the chickens! We waited and had a brunch. Lol....not buying anymore eggs so we wait till the one hen is ready..".we really need two laying to meet our needs. Newandjustafew....glad you enjoyed with us.

I agree Devon I'm grateful one is laying but it's about time a few more for on board. My daughter keeps guessing 3 so we'll see maybe today is the day she's right. I have an order of ten red ranger meat birds coming in next week so that will help distract us while the other layers catch up.

LOL....We ordered 25 Cornish X and getting them Aug 13. It will be nice to have extra eggs some day.

I took the golf balls out and put a skillet in the nest.....maybe this will tell them I'm hungry ....I think the golf balls tell them I'm not going to be around because I'm golfing. Just a hunch! I also feel like the one laying is feeling pressure to lay because they don't get out until she does. :drool

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom