do they look ready to lay?

Now I hope the others kick in.
Splitting one egg three ways! Lol
8pm is pretty late huh..."never thought about it but figured it was a morning thing

Any more luck today Devon? My red pullet kicked out #4 in 5 days the rest including my 1- year old were still quiet. She's been laying around 0900 each morning.

Nope....just checked and no egg. Im loosing interest in the egg search daily so they should start laying. Ive got 8 that you think would be laying and 6 dont look any closer than when I got them two months ago, pretty sad when your proud of your rooster and not the girls. maybe I should find all the unwanted roosters and get rid of the gals! lol

You never know when they are going to start laying. I have one with a big red comb and two with a small pink comb. The two with the small pink combs are laying more than the one with the big red comb. I couldnt believe it when they started laying eggs. My girls will be 18 weeks on this coming tuesday. Big red comb hannah has layed one egg. Small combs canella and hendra combined have layed 8. Keep in mind light is a key factor for laying. Mine get 16 hours of light/day...I have a light come on at 4am and shuts off at 7 when it is light outside.

Good to know bob.....This site has tons of great info but much of it can lead you wrong as well. basically when a chicken lays an egg is when you see it. lol Ive got three this morning Bok Bok Boking and laying in nest. I think eggs are in my near future.

lol....I got my second egg today....it went from $2500 for my first egg(amount invested) and now that my second egg came along im down to $1250 an egg. cant wait until the compounding works in my favor.

Glad to hear it and by the sounds of it you're in for a good week, I'm still waiting on another one of mine to kick into gear or back into gear if you count the 1- year old, I'm now anxiously awaiting my first multi-egg day

Back
Top Bottom