Sponsored Post Do you celebrate the holidays with your chickens? Tell us how!

JenniO11

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
This post is brought to us by BYC sponsor My Pet Chicken!

Do you celebrate the holidays with your chickens? We do at My Pet Chicken—because our employees are all chickenmaniacs, too! It's just the way we roll.

All year long we get to hear from people who spoil their flocks--and that's as it should be, as far as we're concerned! But December is especially fun, because we also often get to hear special stories about how chicken lovers decorate their coops with holiday lights, the way they hang tiny stockings for each of their chickens, cook special meals of warm oatmeal for their flocks and so on. Is this something you do, too?

Of course, one way to celebrate the holiday, chicken style, is to share gifts with other chicken lovers in your life. (Or you might make suggestions to the DH, DS, DD or DW about gifts you’re dying for!) In particular, we're really egg-sited about our new bumper magnets. They’re inexpensive, will fit nicely into a stocking, and can be mailed along with holiday cards. Plus, since they’re magnets they don’t have to be permanently affixed to your car. We hope you visit our online store to see all ten of our designs. But gifts are not what it's all about.

We’d also like to ask you about your chickens and if or how you plan to share the holiday celebrations with them. For instance, one of our employees recently wrote a blog post sharing how she decorates with chicken ornaments... and she tells us she's planning to try constructing a gingerbread chicken coop this year. She'll blog about the success--or possible failure!--of that effort in our blog. (Look for her post about that in the My Pet Chicken blog soon!)

We'd love to see your responses sharing how you celebrate with your chickens. What do you do for your flock around the holidays? Do you hang stockings? Do you cook or bake for your chickens, or buy them special treats? Do you buy or even make them gifts? Post pictures--please share!

I love this! My birds mean the world to me. I bake treats for children during the holidays,, well all year really,, but no matter if they are feathered, furry or people they are all my children and I love spoiling them. My chickens brought me out of depression and continue to light my world and for that I can not thank them enough. I spend alot of time with them, no matter if it is raining or cold or hot I am out there just sitting and talking to them. None of my birds are wild in any way, they all can be picked up and touched, even the turkeys. They get special goodies alot but I am trying to come up with the perfect special xmas goodie to treat them with...

Started another branch of my little business called "Hen Hats" to make holiday hats for my chickens!
thumbsup.gif

I LOVE the hen hats!
x2 adorable!!

Yesterday I decorate our coop with 2 small live "Pascuas" (poinsettias), and some lights
wee.gif

Christmas at Villa Gallina , Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas from Cheb Coquito (the roo), Yamina ( the young hen) and Gina the gallina
D.gif
and of course Guaili (our cat) myself, Judy & my husband Abd
wink.png

What cute pictures! Love the window where you can see the chickens!

Back
Top Bottom