Sponsored Post Do you celebrate the holidays with your chickens? Tell us how!

Started another branch of my little business called "Hen Hats" to make holiday hats for my chickens!
thumbsup.gif

I LOVE the hen hats!
x2 adorable!!

I celebrate with my chickens by including them in the deocorating festivities. I love my chickens and am proud of my very small "poultry farm" I decorated the coops with christmas lights

I decorate their coops and bake special treats for them! (and they then proceed to UN-dec the coops! lol)
I made these stockings from recycled feed sacks.

Babies' first Christmas tree.
2665.png

I went foraging for all of the supplies needed for the garland on their coops.

This square wreath was intended for the front door of our house, but I put it on the chicken coop instead!

My Buff Orpington babies, serving as living mantle pieces. :)

I decorate the trees in front of the coops with lighted Christmas tree balls, made from chicken wire.

And the lights in the run, of course.

My flock block subsitute recipe smell good enough to eat when they're baking!

They don't stick around very long! I make a few and distribute them throughout the run on rainy or snowy days.

The girlz like to help decorate in their own, unique way. ;)

Merry Christmas, from my peeps, to Yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw them on the blog! This pic is AWESOME!!! love all the colors and your girl!

Do you have any input on the Christmas lights? I would love to hang some but am so paranoid, even with the dogs in the house with the tree!

Hey sister! Where've you been? Missing you on Pinning with my Peeps! My chickens pay no attention to the Christmas lights in the run. They are strung where they can't reach them and they're in bed by the time they go on anyway. If you're concerned about the lights, you might consider rope lighting. I used to use it inside my coops for supplemental lighting in the darker months to keep egg production going.

Hey sister! Where've you been? Missing you on Pinning with my Peeps! My chickens pay no attention to the Christmas lights in the run. They are strung where they can't reach them and they're in bed by the time they go on anyway. If you're concerned about the lights, you might consider rope lighting. I used to use it inside my coops for supplemental lighting in the darker months to keep egg production going.
D.gif
Busy here and there, I pop in every so often, been a hatchaholic lately and of course all the holidays too!

I didnt even think about rope lights!!! shopping tomorrow! Plus deco the coop tomorrow!
I like the stocking ideas too, but my family already thinks I am "nuts"
Great idea with feed bags! BTW I am surprising Harmony with the "Henbag" purse for Christmas to go with the change purse you sent! I am sure it will stand above all else!
Happy Holidays!! I will post pics too of the girls and coop!

Back
Top Bottom