Do you have a dog???

JTN- has your dog been more aggressive eating raw meat and the taste of blood?? I was going to think about it for lucky but a friend said she might turn aggressive is that true?
I fed raw to my dogs for many years. Nothing to do with aggression. Actually, I do believe some dogs can get more anxious on the dried foods than natural, depending what´s in it....
Mine get lots of table scraps. They love all the veggie ends and peels. I have a friend that also won't feed them any "people" food which I kinda think is silly. I get not to feed them junk but mine go nuts over the really crunchy romain lettuce and carrots. I finally found out who was picking the tomatoes and bell pepper out of my garden... I caught my basset red handed. Between the dogs and kids my poor garden is always picked before I can get to it. My family also thinks I "starve" my dogs because they will actually eat fruits and veggies. They all will get overweight very quickly and all their dry food is limited. They are on grain free too since one seems to have issues with it but I'm getting annoyed because they are eating the duck food which is full of grains.
I used to take my Dobermanns with me to go blackberry picking. They learned to pick them from the prickly bushes and eat them. And almost every fruit I can think of! One of my dogs used to jump the ffence into my neighbour´s garden to pick and eat his tomatoes. My little dogs that live in the house and garden here sit beneath the sink waiting for the ends of carrots. The big ones go and find the avocados that drop from the trees.

Okay thanks guys... I can try that, right now she is on "Herrs" Dandruff free,

My grandmother use to give her Lhasa Apso Brewers Yeast tablets every day & once a week she'd get egg whites, & boiled liver & garlic (2 separate meals). She never had fleas & her coat was so shiny & soft. Missy had skin allergies & would get dandruff, but once she started her on the tablets, eggs & liver & garlic she the problem was resolved. :) I've used Mane & Tail conditioner on my cats with great results as well.

Thats really cool! Does anyone have anymore questions about their dogs or pics??

Glad to see so many rescues around here!!!

Our "farm" right now consists of 3 dogs, 1 cat and the 4 ducks. Goats are next on the list!

My dogs are my babies though! 2 rescue girls and 1 jumbo purebred boy that's supposed to be the "security" dog, but so far he's just a huge softie!

This is what I wake up to most mornings:
There's 6 living bodies in that bed!

This a Bailey, or "Pig," our 9 year old Lab/Pit mix. My husband, per chance, picked her up at the Home Depot in Oakland when she was not even a month old:

Brooklyn is our 4 year old. We think she's either a boxer/pit mix or a black mouth cuir. Most people look at her and only see pitbull though. She is the softest, gentlest, most amazing girl ever! Like a living stuffed animal that also runs super fast and climbs trees! I call her my S(secret)BFF! And she loves our ducks and makes an awesome guard dog when they're free ranging:

Lastly is out 6 1/2 month pure bred Dogo Argentino puppy. He is currently weighing in at 85lbs. His grandfather is a known Mountain Lion hunter, but so far our Bueller is a total softie, ladie's man:

So cute!!! I can see some boxer in brooklyn, she doesn't resemble the triangular head. Its more like a box. Lol

We think so too Farm316, though some die-hard boxer owners have gotten a little snooty with us in the past, I think because her muzzle is long, not squashed at all. But she's incredibly agile and pawsy like a boxer. The personality seems to fit as well.

Hello,
I have 2 Great Danes, mom and son, that have been wonderful around my flock. I was not sure how they would react when I bought my chickens, but surprisingly they keep a watch on them. My female protects me when my rooster decides to misbehave and scares him off. Without them, I would not be able to let my chickens free range or the fox would eat them. I quickly figured that out after losing a few.
Here they are Chassie (Mantle) and Kona (Fawn)

Having kept up with this particular thread I know how we all love our dogs. I just wanted to give a heads up to all of you, especially those in more rural communities. We have been up all night after spending most of the day yesterday at the vet with two of our dogs. B.T. and Sara, our sisters (you can see them in post #8 on this thread) were both bit by a Copperhead yesterday. Sara got it more than B.T. because she was trying to protect her sister from the snake. They are probably going to be o.k. Sara has to go back to the vet this a.m. but she is breathing o.k. and able to drink water and swallow food now. At first her entire face and throat were swelling and we were really worried for a while. I encourage you all in areas with poisonous snakes to at least consider anti-venom injections for your dogs just as you do anti-rabies shots. If nothing else they will buy you the extra time it takes to get your dog to your vet.

Even if you do not have poisonous snakes (we have rattle snakes, copperheads and water moccasins) some of the other snakes like rat/chicken snakes can give a nasty bite that is toxic while not deadly. Talk to your vets and keep your dogs safe.

We will be spending a lot of time the next few days snake proofing our yard and poultry areas. We know it will be impossible to eliminate them entirely but we can at least do what we can to reduce the risk.

Keep safe everyone.

Back
Top Bottom