Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Just used this incubator for the first time - disaster - all chicks fully formed with no pips and dead in their shells - temp steady at 37.5 and humidity 55% for first part and 70 for last 3 days.

Trying it again dry with manual turning - currently the humidity reads 33 % however an hydrometer probe dropped into the incubator shows 59% - the humidity in the room is 66% so I believe the hydrometer and not the reading on the front of the incubator - lets see how we go with this lot.

also not sure the auto turn thing works consistently - it did work when I checked it before putting the eggs in but I have been trying to see if it is working now and although I thought I cold see it moving through the window when I opened the incubator to check it was still tilted the same way ?? - I have removed it and am now manually turning to be sure.

I'll post up my results :rolleyes:

If you want a really good one that works brilliantly...buy an RCOM...I have King Suro 20...I think that is the one. Anyway, RCOM is good brand for incubator. It also is automatic humidity and temp and has self turning which is a must! Easy to use right from the start. Hovabator is good in California but does not work due to humidity in New Zealand. Have fun...

I have the 48 egg version and it's pretty good - I just hatched 7 from 7 fertile crested CLB eggs today in it - I keep the humidity a bit lower than just filling 1 of the channels with water by covering about half the bottom of the incubator with tin foil for the first 18 days - have also now added a small bit of plastic tubing in through the bottom holes into each ofvtheb2 channels and this means I can syringe in extra water without opening if the hatch is at all late - 2 channels full of water generally brings he humidity to about 62-64 % which is great -you will need a bit of incubator non-slip mat to go over the plastic grill on the bottom ready for the hatch - well worth the money but can be a bit tricky to see all of the eggs once the first chick out starts kicking them about :/

Have fun ;)

I have the JN12 and have hatched 9/10 eggs so far, with 2/2 growing Japanese bantam eggs, 5/7 visible growth on day three of silkie eggs. The other two may not hatch because one was cracked and one had a detached air cell. I have it set at 38 degrees celsius, and add water when it runs out. I highly recommend it. The silkie eggs are my school teachers, and she has a great hatch rate with the JN848 model. Just last week there were chicks hatching in it :) I don't know why some people have bad hatches with janoel incubators.

I have the janoel24. I hatched 8/13 eggs in it just this week. It worked well but it was cramped. I had to Remove chicks as soon as they dried because the other eggs were getting kicked around. I wouldn't like to put many more in. That aside I am pleased with it overall.

I have a 9 egg janoel12 , I successfully hatched 7 healthy chicks, which are now happily strutting about in my garden.
The other 2 eggs were not even fertilized when I candled them...
Instructions are a bad translation, but the model itself is simple and easy to assemble. When I turned it on, it was already set to incubate chicken eggs, e.g temp/humidity.

I'm just trying to work out how to adjust humidity for some duck eggs...should be interesting.

Model hasn't shown any signs that it is falling apart, or that anything is badly made. Came with a free, pretty awesome torch to candle eggs, all for £65.00 including postage.

I highly recommend this model.

I have recently purchased a janoel 12 and am having trouble keeping the temp steady. I thought i had the temp set at 37.7 but have just checked now and it says 39.1??? What setting do i need to change to bring it down? Any help would be much appreciated… Thanks

I must have a setting not put in properly on my Janoel 12 as it keeps rising up around 39.1+….

You can set the temp and then it asks how accurate it needs to be to that temp.
For example, allowing it to fluctuate a couple degrees above and below. I don't know why they have this because whatever the temp needed, you're not going to want it to fluctuate..
I think they're called HS and LS (highest setting and lowest setting). I think you set them both to 0. Basically saying you don't want any fluctuation.
Turn on the incubator 24 hours before you want to use it and test temp with another thermometer to make sure.

x

Back
Top Bottom