Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Are you hatching chickens or ducks? Sometimes they don't move much, I've had batches before where I've had big wiggly pants and very slow moving lazy bums and have both hatched. You should be worried if you can see no movement at all. Sometimes I find it hard to make out the embryo but can see the fluid move or a vein move so know there's something going on in there. Hope it all goes well :)

Thanks for replying :) incubator arrived yesterday and there's absolutely no way of telling what the humidity is so have bought a humidity reader to pop inside it (just waiting for it to be delivered now) it came with a soft mat but the instructions say to take it out for hatching? Is it better to just fill the well up or place wet sponges in there too? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just worried that it's in my hands this time as to whether they make it or not, children at school will be so upset if they don't (and so will I) humidity needs to be around 70% yeah?

Chickens, the three twitching was hopefully life then.

I did have in there that did nit move and was looking clear at all but I saw a redish vien looking thing swaying in it. Looked like abit of seaweed underwater if you get my drift lol

Ones air sac is half way up the egg too at one side.

Gosh im confused. First time incubation. Thanks for replying!

Well im now on day 13 as of 1pm candled last again.

When I candled day 10 most of my eggs had the black moving around crazy but saw no viens my eggs are a little hard to make out lol

But when I candled last night there wasnt as much movement I saw at least 3 eggs twitch but not moving like theyre were. Should I b worried?

I think it depends on when you candle. The growing embryos wont be moving around crazy all the time. Leave it a few days and candle again. You can get a candling chart on google to see what you shoul be looking for at certain days

thanks, yea id planned on candling on day 16 and making that the last one. Ive an odd feeling they may hatch early, which is nerve recking. The temps outside here are very high (for us) and the incubator has been at 38C a few times id checked. Maybe just being paranoid.!
roll.png

I remember my first hatch, I was so nervous and didn't have a clue what I was doing (am a teacher and hatch in my classroom so not a farmer or anyone that know anything about hatching poultry) I took to forums and asked obscene amounts of questions, I learnt a lot, people on here speak a lot of sense and have many years of experience. This is my third hatch (we only hatch once a year) and each one is different. I still panic about things, check the temp and humidity constantly and each year provides a new challenge (this year being that I have 5 ready to lockdown next fir and 15 new eggs that are not even a week in yet because we were so afraid that these ones wouldn't hatch and the children would get no ducks to cuddle) So now I'm facing my first manual incubator hatch with and incubator that looks and feels rather flimsy and simple and an ever growing fear that I'll take them home on Friday alive and something will go wrong over the weekend and cause me to have none by Monday :(

I have the exact same one from the same seller and it has been working fine for the past 24 hours.

Thanks for replying :) incubator arrived yesterday and there's absolutely no way of telling what the humidity is so have bought a humidity reader to pop inside it (just waiting for it to be delivered now) it came with a soft mat but the instructions say to take it out for hatching? Is it better to just fill the well up or place wet sponges in there too? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just worried that it's in my hands this time as to whether they make it or not, children at school will be so upset if they don't (and so will I) humidity needs to be around 70% yeah?

This incubator is a bit more hands on. You have to start it up 24 hours before then, you have to put exactly 100ml of water into the base and when you. See that there is a little less water then what you put in(every1-2 days), you have to re-add 100ml.

I've got one of these incubators too.  Mine is from China (cheap copy??).

I'm trying to set mine up for my first try at hatching.  The instructions are useless.

Could someone please give me some straightforward instructions on setting this up correctly.  The digital display on the machine is showing 37.5 celcius, an independent digital thermometer with a probe is showing 35.7 celcius and a medical thermometer is showing 34.9 celcius.  Which one do I trust, and do I need to alter the temperature setting on the incubator itself to match whichever is decided to be the correct reading??

I set the HS upper limit to 37.7 celcius and the HL lower limit to 37.5 celcius.  Humidity is set at 55 %, but is currently showing 10% on my independent digital hygrometer (no water in yet during this trial run).

I may have mucked things up fooling around with setting HS/HL limits.....:barnie   Please advise.

All help/tips GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks

I have the same problem. I bought a little hygrometer to have inside with the eggs, and was dismayed to see the temp it at 34 degrees Celcius. The humidity is 50%. Should I believe my incubator. I selected 0 fluctuation so it seems steady at 37.8 C or maybe not???:(

There are several reviews on this on youtube. Keep the Styrofoam from the box. It is meant to be put on the outside of the incubator as insulation.

Back
Top Bottom