Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
The donkey will be able to handle these dogs. She is full size. These dogs are not going to be real contenders, especially if dealt with early. Fencing will be steadily upgraded and role of me and my dogs must not be discounted. I will whittle the pack hard to make certain we have slam dunk control.

As a kid we had ponies and horses. Pack of dogs came through after a foal. Shetland pony stallion was the most agressive throwing dogs left and right. Several dogs were stomped to death and the rest would go around our 10 acres after that day.
They took care of the problem before my mom could get out there.

You have become an enabler. By trying to fence their dogs out and chasing them home unharmed you are removing incentive for the neighbors to control the dogs. It isn't working now and will continue to get worse.

Goats will certainly test your fencing. As well as your patience!
The goats, sheep and alpacas are all to be a part of this farm that has until now been chickens and establishing trees. They are not a secondary concern from this point forward. They may prove to be a primary headache, but fencing will be adjusted accordingly.

The goats, sheep and alpacas are all to be a part of this farm that has until now been chickens and establishing trees. They are not a secondary concern from this point forward. They may prove to be a primary headache, but fencing will be adjusted accordingly.
Adapt and overcome. There is a third leg to this, what is it? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom